I doubt he's got the whole thing, there's probably 20+ owners there. It would be next to impossible to get everyone on the same page to sell. Also, the site would be way more than $16m collectively.

No idea what the boundaries of the sale property were, but just for fun I mapped out what "just under an acre" would look like. Here's 0.94 acres:

Huh? He wouldn't assemble semi-detached housing stock (which would be almost impossible to assemble). It's more likely the properties along Ruttan Street and beyond, which would form ~1 acre in area.

Does anyone have any idea on what kind of density they can develop on this chunk of land ? Being close to many Transit stops.

I'm guessing he's assembled the row of auto shops along Ruttan and potentially a couple of the other properties lining Bloor.

Predicting that Lamb will go for somewhere between 15-25s.

Shame that the SW corner of Perth & Bloor W remains vacant after all these years.

I'm guessing he's assembled the row of auto shops along Ruttan and potentially a couple of the other properties lining Bloor.

Shame that the SW corner of Perth & Bloor W remains vacant after all these years.

Ah, that might be it - having everything along Ruttan would also adhere to Urbanation's description of "triangular" property. Although, that seems skinny, and with all the houses along Sterling, I'd imaging it must be difficult to build anything that high, given setbacks required, etc. (Though i know nothing about that stuff)

And yes - I wonder whatever happened to Bloor & Perth...

I live close by in the neighbourhood and this area of Bloor is really bleak in general, but it would be a shame to lose the fine-grain aspect that this group of properties provides and their ability to host small businesses vs. the monolithic residential structures all around it that were built without any consideration of Bloor and the Junction Triangle as a mixed used area — in particular losing the lovely buildings at the SE corner of Bloor and Sterling or having them turned into facades would be sad to see. Yeah, the jumble is kinda ugly and underused right now, but at least it's an adaptable jumble. A high-end condo building with minimal and expensive commercial spaces that pushes up the price of everything around it would be a loss for the neighbourhood. I very much hope that whatever this is, it's only a portion of the properties between Sterling and Ruttan.

Huh? He wouldn't assemble semi-detached housing stock (which would be almost impossible to assemble). It's more likely the properties along Ruttan Street and beyond, which would form ~1 acre in area.
Well, it wasn't meant to be the actual assembly (that's why I specifically called out that I had no idea what the actually property boundaries were). Just an illustration of area.

I didn't realize this before, but looking at the property boundary maps, it appears that 1405 Bloor is a single parcel going all the way down to bottom of the triangle with Sterling, so maybe there isn't even an assembly going on here?
1405_Bloor.png

Looks logical if the land acquisition was for that continuous sliver of property along Ruttan.

I could see a thin point tower at the corner of Bloor & Ruttan. With a 3 storey podium extension and/or townhouses running along Ruttan. I'm guessing 15s+ as a starting point for the tower height as the nearby BeBloor condo sets a precedence at around 12s-ish. But Lamb will likely make an aggressive push to begin the proposal process.

Good, that area is a mess and a half, I used to pass by it for my old job everyday and there is a drastic change as soon as you hit East of Dundas and continues to Dufferin.
This will only do it good, can't go down from there

Back