I’ve told them a hundred times: put ‘Thunderous Jackhammering’ first and ‘Puppet Show’ last.

C7FCF9E9-8290-4C64-AB8A-E50C3F91DBFD.jpeg

I was going over some old travel photos and found this one of a colonnade in Berlin. The dimensions and detailing won't be exact, but it may provide a reasonable comparison towards what's being planned here along the Dundas frontage:

View attachment 288678View attachment 288679View attachment 288680
That's the Mall of Berlin near Potsdamer Platz, right? I recognized it immediately without even reading your text haha. The architecture is so very "Berlin".

That's the Mall of Berlin near Potsdamer Platz, right? I recognized it immediately without even reading your text haha. The architecture is so very "Berlin".

The building is called "Upper Eastside Berlin" at Friedrichstrasse 88, which is also about 3 blocks east of the Brandenburg Gate.

berlin.jpg

More info:

Sorry what does this mean?

It means the building permit has been applied for;

It's currently under review; assuming no unusual problems, a permit will likely be issued in the not too distant future, clearing the way for construction once the current demolition is complete.

However, the permit hasn't yet been issued, so the permission in place only covers demolition.

Permits for Mechanical and Plumbing have also been filed and under review; though their issuance is not a near-term concern.

Back