Admittedly I have no idea what it looked like before the alteration. Anyone have a photo?

Regardless, have you walked past this thing? It's not pleasant. Which might be more an indictment of the awkwardly and poorly kept trees/flower beds, but I think the removal of the addition would be fantastic if not just for a wider sidewalk.

If you're speaking of the green-marble-faced projecting ground floor as "the addition"...actually, it's original. What happened in the 80s was the subtraction of the centre section on behalf of a recessed entrance spanned by a PoMo arch...

On University Avenue a design like that will work. No need to go all avant guarde and scare all the hospital and insurance workers.

lol!

200 meters is possible, but it probably comes in at around 180 meters to 190 meters.

For anywhere else, I would have to say a building like this is blah and bland. But like I said for University I think it works

Simpler would be better I think, keeping the application of the beige cladding materials. Looks too busy in it's current version.

Playing the devil's advocate for urban dreamer, I would say the comparison comes from the historic? or somewhat nostalgic stone clad base office building that each tower is rising from? Am I correct here?

Playing the devil's advocate for urban dreamer, I would say the comparison comes from the historic? or somewhat nostalgic stone clad base office building that each tower is rising from? Am I correct here?

Sorry, I already deleted my original post to which you're replying after having realized that, indeed, that would be a good reason to compare this project to 88 Scott.

Plus at least one "monstrous carbuncle" (which I actually rather like).

8569501462_8f4fda426a_b.jpg

That would do a great disservice to Shell. And, really, architects these days just can't seem to make up their minds about which building they want to build!

A very interesting proposal - but im sure the DRP will fix that.

Nice to see some originality.

Back