Agreed, this isn't too bad and apart from some technical detailing issues it's actually fairly decent. But there's something slightly off setting wise, where it gives off a central Etobicoke/Old Mill kind of vibe.

Yes, it's definitely doesn't quite jive with the downtown aesthetic. The window wall is fairly crisp (though I would deduct points for the problematical use of spandrel - but at least they line up properly and tried to accentuate the vertical *small mercies*)

AoD

May 16, 2020

20200516_105133.jpg
20200516_105220.jpg
20200516_105330.jpg
20200516_105347.jpg
20200516_105536.jpg
20200516_105613.jpg

It looks very lonely and out of proportion right now with nothing else of similar size on the north side of College and west side of Spadina in this area — makes me wonder where else we may see developments in the future.

It looks very lonely and out of proportion right now with nothing else of similar size on the north side of College and west side of Spadina in this area — makes me wonder where else we may see developments in the future.

You just know that bank building on the corner will become a podium for a tower at some point...

Yes, it's definitely doesn't quite jive with the downtown aesthetic. The window wall is fairly crisp (though I would deduct points for the problematical use of spandrel - but at least they line up properly and tried to accentuate the vertical *small mercies*)

AoD
It fits well with the CAMH on the east side, Scott Mission is on the north side of the building it was there in 1972 when i moved to Robert St, i doubt that will be sold any time soon, there would probably be issues with the school next door, CIBC building site is very narrow but you never know.

Back