Bachelor apartments start at $1,900 a month for 349 sq. ft.

A 762 sq. ft. 2 bedroom will set you back $3000 a month.

I figured this development was intended for U of T students, particularly those with money (foreign students paying $40,000 and up), but with the pandemic going on, who's going to pay that?

As of today, there are 134 listings.

The way this is priced makes it seem like this area is Manhattan. Or that's what the developer seems to think anyways.

Reactions: xy3
Idk, the 3 bedroom for $4450 isn't too outrageous, with three roommates each paying about $1400... That's a lot but there are worse deals to be had in the city. Some folks will always want new, and renting a house or older unit won't be for them.

Thats what I call a last-minute "you really thought you were going to get away without a nice splash of grey and blue spandrel?" crown . Almost theatrical timing

62A5B2BA-E4A0-4D8C-986D-C7699208C8F9.jpeg

Summerhill based cafe and wine bar, Boxcar Social, has formed a partnership with Fitzrovia and will be opening a location here later in April/May. They're also planning locations for 2 of Fitzrovia's other active projects, the Parker in the Yonge & Eg area and at 88 Queen East.

Summerhill based cafe and wine bar, Boxcar Social, has formed a partnership with Fitzrovia and will be opening a location here later in April/May. They're also planning locations for 2 of Fitzrovia's other active projects, the Parker in the Yonge & Eg area and at 88 Queen East.

Just visited their shop in Riverdale yesterday - it's fantastic!!

Saw a newspaper ad for units the other day. Within the same ad, they referred to it both as "Waverley" and "Waverly". Unintentional, I think, unless it was intended as some sort of easter egg 😆

The historic Silver Dollar Room​

The site was formerly occupied by The Waverley Hotel and was well-known to live music fans as the location of The Silver Dollar Room from 1958 to 2017. A new venue adjacent to the residential lobby of the new tower will honour the former Silver Dollar, a registered heritage landmark.

Many of the venue’s original elements will be reincorporated into the new space, including the bar, stage, murals, terrazzo floor and the iconic Silver Dollar Room sign.

Rocca is still unsure when The Silver Dollar Room will open because Toronto live music venues have either been closed or faced severe operating restrictions since the onset of the pandemic.

“A lot of conversations have gone quiet. No one’s really interested in looking at a financial commitment to a space like that. We want to be patient,” he said.

“We’ll do some pop-ups out of it and do some resident programming out of it. My guess is that once a vaccine is rolled out and there’s more optimism in the market, that’s when we’ll bring it to life.”

Rocca said he’s open to creative ideas.

“We definitely want to bring back live music, but we also want a food and beverage concept, similar to a Drake Hotel-style offering where there’s a food offering, a beverage offering and then live music in the evening.”

Back