Taken Friday, a shot of how it fits into the skyline from west on College Street:

IMG_20200925_190738-01.jpeg

Big plume of smoke billowing from the roof right now. Just drove by and it was quite the scene.

Way back in the thread ADRM said this was a Humbertown design at College and Spadina and I haven't been able to look at it the same way since 😄😆

I find this to be such a puzzling building. It’s far from Kirkor’s worst, and am generally finding myself more and more appreciative of non-predominantly window wall- or alumni panel-clad buildings, but this is just such a random vibe for right here. It’s like Kirkor mixed up their drawings and took a Humbertown-destined design and threw it down for College and Spadina.

It really is such a strange building. In some ways I kind of like it in its massing, but then it has this odd quality to it — the incongruous Humbertowniness. If it was neat and tidy precast brick panels with nice windows people would probably love this building. How they're going to integrate the Silver Dollar into this whole vibe is absolutely beyond me lol

Back