March 27, 2021

20210327_101311.jpg
20210327_101358.jpg
20210327_101426.jpg
20210327_101549.jpg

I remain both pleasantly surprised by the quality of the tower portion and perplexed by the choice of that expression for this location, but now that more of the podium is being revealed, all I can think about is that this has to be the new high (or low?) water mark for the most incongruous podium and tower combo in the city.

Huh. I kinda like that shiny, corrugated metal entrance frame/canopy/thing. It's got texture, sheen, a little industrial cool to it. Building just went up a notch for me. (Score reserved until it's complete, but this is better.)

Huh. I kinda like that shiny, corrugated metal entrance frame/canopy/thing. It's got texture, sheen, a little industrial cool to it. Building just went up a notch for me. (Score reserved until it's complete, but this is better.)

Not just that, but the Silver Dollar sign is being re-installed (it's currently covered by the tarp).

Wow it starts to make Spadina look like a built-up grand avenue in the photo above looking south! And with the new density of The Well creating a sort of gateway at the south end as well.

They used gold for the fitzrovia sign, silver on the dollar, and bronze on the façade treatment there... how perplexing. I still kinda like it. Excited to see the final product and of course, get a pint at the bar.

They used gold for the fitzrovia sign, silver on the dollar, and bronze on the façade treatment there... how perplexing. I still kinda like it. Excited to see the final product and of course, get a pint at the bar.

Cheers to a less janky Waverley...I guess. :) 🍻

Back