From last week that I meant to post.

1000027876.jpg

I'm not saying these sorts of places don't exist at all, but that cheap coffee is now essentially the sole purview of Tim's and McDonalds, is my point. Recall my story from last year about $14+ for two coffees at De Mello here in The Well...

The erroneous romanticization of something that's just not a thing hurts the article's overall (correct) thesis about general corporate sterility here.
Yeah, you have to go pretty far from the Well to get anything I would describe as an "inexpensive local cafe". I suppose everyone has their own definition of "inexpensive" but if you're looking to pay less than 5 bucks for a cappucino, you're going to have to leave downtown Toronto (or even the surrounding suburbs, even the cafes in Leslieville and Parkdale aren't exactly "inexpensive" these days).

There is some independent retail in the Well. The article even mentions GotStyle, which might not be "inexpensive", but is not a big chain.

I'm not saying these sorts of places don't exist at all, but that cheap coffee is now essentially the sole purview of Tim's and McDonalds, is my point. Recall my story from last year about $14+ for two coffees at De Mello here in The Well...

The erroneous romanticization of something that's just not a thing hurts the article's overall (correct) thesis about general corporate sterility here.

$6 lattes are unironically one of my favourite parts of living downtown. GotStyle is a pretty sold menswear store. Dog and Bowl has some pretty unique items for fancy pooches. I am still pretty optimistic about the future of the retail component at the Well.

So the only thing open so far is Fix Bikes+ Coffee. What a treat! Also the plaza on the south side of the atrium is ready for Spring and a beer garden at some point! It was busy this morning and looks like it is coming into its own . Btw Bailey Nelson looks like it is going to open imminently.

And the best thing was that I saw tulips beginning on Wellington! Spring!

Taken 28 March.

IMG_9215.jpeg
IMG_9217.jpeg
IMG_9218.jpeg
IMG_9219.jpeg
IMG_9222.jpeg
IMG_9223.jpeg
IMG_9226.jpeg
IMG_9227.jpeg
IMG_9230.jpeg
IMG_9234.jpeg
IMG_9238.jpeg
IMG_9239.jpeg
IMG_9240.jpeg
IMG_9242.jpeg
IMG_9243.jpeg

I checked it out for the first time today. On the one hand what's done is impressive, on the other, this really feels like a place to visit in the spring/summer .
Fortunately, Spring has arrived and the weather is gradually getting warmer, making it an ideal time for people to go out explore new and trendy places at The Well. Here In Texas, we're already experiencing temperatures in the 70s and 80s, so the warmer weather is not too far away. in the 70s and 80s, so the warmer weather is not too far away.

Fortunately, Spring has arrived and the weather is gradually getting warmer, making it an ideal time for people to go out explore new and trendy places at The Well. Here In Texas, we're already experiencing temperatures in the 70s and 80s, so the warmer weather is not too far away. in the 70s and 80s, so the warmer weather is not too far away.

It wasn't too cold today, but just being there felt like being in a wind tunnel.

Also, am I alone in finding the Well slightly hard to navigate? I was on the top level, walked towards Indigo, then found there was no escalator/staircase to be found, so I had to backtrack just to get to the lower level.

Back