this is probably the first project. where Condos have turned out better than office.

edit= i mean i dont mind the office, but condos look much better.
I'm reminded of the Hullmark Centre in North York, where the office portion of the tower complex facing the Yonge + Sheppard intersection is cleanly executed but the condo portion on the other side is an over-sprandrelized trainwreck.

Last edited:
I do like the office. It's nuts, however, that you can look at this cheap garbage and tell me it looks good...

a4d9f29f-7fb0-4e41-97f5-74cc9edc881f_1_201_a-jpeg.350945

b08d9e79-1189-4eb4-9389-90c0d03d3d8a_1_201_a-jpeg.350946

Original photos from @Red Mars

October 4, 2021.

Looks like the structure lying horizontally on top of the roof on the left would be the Building Maintenance Unit in its resting position. Additional notes on the office tower below the photo.

20211004_172444.jpg

The tower crane has been working very long hours for quite a while. There is often a break in the day's activities (such as today atround 2 PM) when the crane goes into it standard 'at rest' position during the early to mid afternoon timeframe - the assumption being that there is a changeover in the crane operator from the person doing the day shift, to another operator coming in on an overtime basis.

Sealing up the building so fit up of the tenant areas can proceed with finishes that require a dry environment would be a priority at this point. A major piece of work for the Tower Crane at this point would be the disassembly and removal of the external construction hoists on the west side of the building. I am presuming that the remaining work to seal up the building envelope would be done either by working from the interior (the openings on the floors for the construction hoist access) or using the building maintenance unit to reach the locations which cannot be accessed, or work that cannot be done, from inside.

From conversation with one of the contractor staff on site (one of the residential towers, not the office tower itself), it was their understanding that the project was working towards a mid-to-late October timeframe to remove the construction hoists and tower crane.

I like the way the precast brick columns etc, seen in the first two photos up above . Have that aged two tone brick faded look creating that vintage illusion about it.

Not sure if this was posted before, but Claude Cormier + Associés has released renderings for the new "Wellington Cat Promenade"! They were commissioned by Diamond Corp, RioCan REIT, and Allied Properties REIT.
The cat theme was inspired by and in memory of Dizzy, a beloved local cat. Also, they came up with a neat idea that Berczy Park, which is dedicated to dogs, should be counterweighted with a park dedicated to cats. Just for fun, they put one statue of a cat in Berczy Park among all the dog statues, and here they'll put one statue of a dog among all the cat statues. The cherry on top is that they would eventually be connected by a "green axis" along Wellington Street (due to the Downtown Parks & Public Realm Plan).

https://www.claudecormier.com/en/projet/the-cats/

the-cats-21.jpg
the-cats-20.jpg
the-cats-23.jpg
the-cats-19.jpg
the-cats-13.jpg

Attachments

• the-cats-19.jpeg
    the-cats-19.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 111
  • the-cats-23.jpeg
    the-cats-23.jpeg