Pic taken July 6, 2013

zcKd8oW.jpg

Good news, but i would have rather seen them move into that new Spadina/Front development...
Oh well, i guess the future office component there has been scraped for more condos

It is still an office building at Spadina/Front. KPMB is off the job and their tower has been scrapped. Pikard Chilton now in control of new tower design. Maybe that is why the Globe went east?

It is still an office building at Spadina/Front. KPMB is off the job and their tower has been scrapped. Pikard Chilton now in control of new tower design. Maybe that is why the Globe went east?

That sounds interesting. I just checked out Pikard Chilton's website and they seem to have done some good looking buildings in the past. I'm hoping for something great for the corner of Front/Spadina and not just another condo.

Great looking project, what a game changer for the area, bridging the gap between Cityplace and King West. Hope this gets built as soon as possible.

Wow! NOW we're talking. Looking forward to this going forward, and seeing how the plans develop. I love how pedestrian and cyclist focused the plans are... very progressive and different than we're used to. Good for RioCan/Allied/Diamond for doing this.

I could not believe my eyes when reading about this on the front page this morning. What an exciting development for Toronto!

What an exciting development for Toronto!

I agree, so they plan the office tower at the same location the previous Globe tower was to be built, hopefully Pickard Chilton design something iconic for this gateway

•More than a million square feet of office space is planned for the well, most of it in a 34-storey office tower proposed for the southeast corner of the site (at the northwest corner of Front and Spadina). Its designer is Pickard Chilton Architects of New Haven, Connecticut

I agree, so they plan the office tower at the same location the previous Globe tower was to be built, hopefully Pickard Chilton design something iconic for this gateway

Their recent major office projects include Eight Avenue Place, Devon Energy Centre, River Point, 300 North LaSalle, 1180 Peachtree and BG Group Place. Not a bad track record at all.

I don't really have much to say beyond that this doesn't sound like it could be any more perfect. It looks live they've really put some thought into making this a liveable neighbourhood rather than just an assembly of condos that don't relate to one another.

The move towards a more pedestrian-friendly environment is great forward thinking. Very excited for this to happen.

Back