AAC232DD-D4FD-40ED-AA17-E8188E677ABA.jpeg
69585B2D-E439-4A87-B1FD-FFB8943838AA.jpeg
A19162A6-AE68-4D61-AC71-A6EF9BCFB669.jpeg
24407374-C691-4BDF-8315-6676068CD372.jpeg

I can't be the only one who has a visceral dislike of that growth on the the north face of the tower.

It really does not work with the rest of tower at all.

Ugh.

I like the staircase - will make for interesting views and a potential great phone call / impromptu meeting space for office workers here, however I find the silver accents to be much too spindly - I want girthy cross beams and thick trim! Can't convince the risk averse suits in charge that the market will accept anything less than floor to ceiling glass, so what we get is tacked on (barely there) ornament.

I like the staircase - will make for interesting views and a potential great phone call / impromptu meeting space for office workers here, however I find the silver accents to be much too spindly - I want girthy cross beams and thick trim! Can't convince the risk averse suits in charge that the market will accept anything less than floor to ceiling glass, so what we get is tacked on (barely there) ornament.

I taken no issue with an external staircase in principle.

I do take issue w/the appearance of this one in an absolute sense (I find the finishing tacky); but I also find its relationship to the rest of this building, as clad, poor.

I'm also not keen on the asymmetrical placement.

It doesn't need to be dead centre; but if offset, I think, it needs a visual counter-balance on the opposite side.

But maybe that's just me.

Friday, December 18. Another week, and another rise in the level of construction for the office tower. Also, busy pouring concrete on a Friday afternoon.

Ten days since the last step up to the 34th Floor, the forms on the west side of the office tower have started their migration up to the 35th Floor.

Cycle times per floor over the past months since early May have been:

Date.................Floor.........Days
May 1................19................-
May 28..............20................27
June 12.............21................15
June 25.............22................13
July 10...............23................15
July 24...............24................14
August 10.........25................18 (Includes the August long holiday weekend)
August 21.........26................11
Sept. 3................27................13
Sept. 21..............28...............18 (Includes the Labour Day holiday long weekend)
October 9...........29...............18
October 23........30...............14 (Includes the Thanksgiving Day holiday long weekend)
November 5......31...............13
November 13....32................8
November 25....33..............12 (This time period spans two weekends)
December 8.......34..............13 (This time period spans two weekends)
December 18.....35..............10

View attachment 289713
Is this the 34th floor? If the fat floor is 27 (https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...6s-riocan-hariri-pontarini.19291/post-1622409), then counting up I only get to 34. Or am I missing something (which is very possible)?

Is this the 34th floor? If the fat floor is 27 (https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...6s-riocan-hariri-pontarini.19291/post-1622409), then counting up I only get to 34. Or am I missing something (which is very possible)?

I have been using the floor / level numbers beside the external construction hoist as the base for the numbers in these posts, I checked the current hoist level numbers from top of the construction hoist to the floor being formed several times over the summer and fall, with consistent results. If the floor / level number markings used for construction hoist differ from the architectural drawing floor numbers (e.g. existance of a mechanical mezzanine level without a floor number), that could explain the difference. Always possible I may have made a mistake - tried my best not to though.

Not rocket science guys the third or taller section is 10 floors above the middle section they look to only have 3 more floors and a roof. Simple, count the floors in renderings guys. Top down see where they are at...

The top section consists of 11 levels (28-38) including 2 mechanical levels (36 & 37). In AHK’s photo (edited below), the slightly taller level is the 27th. The forms at the north end are being set up to pour the floor for level 35.
View attachment 291537
In about a month, the view of the CN Tower's Main Pod would be obscured by the Well from that vantage point.

The top section consists of 11 levels (28-38) including 2 mechanical levels (36 & 37). In AHK’s photo (edited below), the slightly taller level is the 27th. The forms at the north end are being set up to pour the floor for level 35.
View attachment 291537

Thanks for your update. As a lay person, not in the development or construction industry, is is sometimes difficult to reconcile the different sources of information.

Further confirmation of the 35th floor being the next one under construction - a news release from RioCan earlier last week:

GlobeNewswire
RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust ("RioCan" or the "Trust") (TSX: REI.UN) today announced the completion of the sales of a portion of the air rights at The Well(TM) in Toronto and 5 & THIRD(TM) in Calgary. Combined, RioCan realized density value totalling approximately $45.4 million at RioCan's interest for the development of multi-residential condominium and rental buildings that will provide complimentary residential to the commercial components of RioCan's mixed-used developments.

"Completion of these transactions is a positive indication of RioCan's ongoing development progress and business activity despite current global challenges and circumstances," said Edward Sonshine, Chief Executive Officer of RioCan. "Closing these transactions clearly points to the strong positioning of our assets, particularly for 5 & THIRD, our property in Calgary. The strength of our portfolio and development pipeline continue to allow us to complete deals that provide cash flow to strengthen our balance sheet and support our development program."

Air Right Sales at The Well in Toronto

As planned, RioCan and its partners at The Well, Allied Properties REIT and Diamond Corp, completed the sale of residential air rights and podium space at Building A and B of The Well to Woodbourne Capital Management ("Woodbourne"). At RioCan's 40% interest, sales proceeds total approximately $25.0 million including cost recoveries.

The Well is a new vibrant mixed-use community in Toronto's downtown West that spans over seven and half acres and will comprise over 3.1 million square feet of office, retail and residential space. Construction at The Well continues to progress with the office component having reached 35 of 36 storeys with 84% of the office space pre-leased and on track for initial office tenants to take possession in 2021. Retail leasing at the site is ongoing as advanced discussions continue to progress with a number of retail tenants that would add to the overall character of The Well as envisioned. In addition, remaining air rights pertaining to four other residential buildings at The Well will be conveyed in 2021.

In terms of floor labeling, this is the reverse of The One. The Well's office tower has 2 floors of mechanicals above the 35th floor, and another floor above that, which they consider to be the 36th floor (I believe there will be a restaurant there). The One will have multiple mechanical floors between sections of residential floors, yet they will count those mechanical floors as if they were occupiable floors. I hope fire services are aware of these different ways of counting/labeling floors (plus yet another way, where certain 'unlucky numbered' floors are simply skipped).

Back