Screenshot_20210907-155817_Instagram.jpg

The Rehearsal Factory have advised tenants to vacate by December 15, 2021 as Menkes plans to begin demolition of the existing building in January 2022:

I noticed yesterday that one of the junk removal companies was emptying out the rehearsal space building yesterday. I assume demolition really is imminent.

I noticed yesterday that one of the junk removal companies was emptying out the rehearsal space building yesterday. I assume demolition really is imminent.
I think that was actually the City of Toronto removing the minor homeless encampment that was starting to appear in the alley.

I think that was actually the City of Toronto removing the minor homeless encampment that was starting to appear in the alley.
No, they were carrying 'junk' down the stairs from the upper floor and out into a truck on Front St.

New renderings updated in the database! The building storey count changed from 38 storeys to 39 storeys. The overall height of the building increased a bit from129.30m to 130m. The total unit count increased from 439 units to 484 units. And finally, the total parking count went from 91 parking spaces to 98 parking spaces.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 2  2021-2.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 2  2021-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 2  2021-6.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 2  2021-5.jpg

So they have added a floor by making every floor shorter (theoretically each just 3% shorter, so pretty negligible), and they've added 45 units by making all of the earlier plans smaller to fit one more per floor, plus the one new floor? Did they add another elevator? Doubt it.

That heritage Tim Hortons is really adding to the look of this building. Good work, everyone.

Back