gotta love qoutes like this that show how truly underzoned this area is.

The proposed building exceeds the maximum height of 30 metres by approximately 130 metres.

"oh yea, you know, the reason they need a rezoning is because the building is 530% taller than it is supposed to be"

viewSupportingDoc-4-3.jpg

Image from the Preliminary report :
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2...file-75125.pdf

Attachments

• viewSupportingDoc-4-3.jpg
    viewSupportingDoc-4-3.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 1,943
If the balcony glazing is actually going to be black at the front and transparent on the sides, then I'm sold. Also loving that street wall.

Looks great, but my hopes aren't too high because it is Plazacorp and they have never done anything that didn't eventually get "cheapened".

Not much confidence in a builder that builds this:

I don't think King West Condos got cheapened - it looked like trash from the outset. My faith in them has grown substantially after Ivory on Adelaide (though I'm still baffled by the decision to build a colonnade and massive planter boxes that totally deaden any street presence). It looks like they may have gotten it right with this most recent project.

^those aren't that bad

They would be much better without those awful mechanical boxes with the tacky white visors which totally betray the industrial warehouse aesthetic they were going for. They also couldn't be more suburban at street level - think townhome entrances recessed behind hedges and fences. Street life poison in an otherwise vibrant area.

Lets hope they don't fill this one up with 8' ceiling units; It's like walking through a cave with these Plaza projects. Good builder but my God, what's with the low ceilings.

Lets hope they don't fill this one up with 8' ceiling units; It's like walking through a cave with these Plaza projects. Good builder but my God, what's with the low ceilings.

It's cheaper - and that's all that matters.

It's cheaper - and that's all that matters.

Yeah, but they do such a good job with the quality of their units; why ruin it with the low ceilings? Big turn off for me. Every time I show a unit in their buildings the comment is always the same: "why is it so dark and dungeony in here". Then I have to point up and say: "ceiling height".

Last edited:
Don't you need more than two theatres to call it a 'district'? This isn't exactly the West End or the Great White Way here,.

This will be a very jam-packed area in the next 5-8 years or so:
King Blue, The Bond, 87 Peter, PJ Condos, whatever happens to the MEC property, not to mention the Gehry-Mirvish towers, etc.

with each tower consisting of 450-500 units and some projects with multiple towers, that's about 4,000 units right there.

there's already a dozen or so towers to be completed in the next couple years, ED will be nothing more than condos and all the entertainment will be pushed out with the type of use limitations in the condo buildings.

This IMO ruined Ivory for me. If it was about money they could have easily made up for the loss in floors by charging more for the 9 ft ceilings. Plaza also seems to have gone down in terms of quality. I'm hoping they step it up...but don't expect much.

Back