ptbotrmpfn

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thank you! I was just going to say that exact thing. This one is on the right track so far. That section is no doubt just miss shipped.

Last edited:

Red Mars

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Aarhus
Pic taken Feb 14, 2014

aCneUIA.jpg

verticalvillage

Member Bio
Reaction score
This thing is shooting up! The criss-crossing elements on the sides look great too!
unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 594

jaborandi

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that several segments of the diagonal elements are not lining up as seemlessly as they should? Yesterday I noticed seven problem areas.

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think jaborandi is talking about areas where segments of the installed bands have steps between them, not areas where the banding hasn't been applied. It's an installation issue, not a design issue

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
The glass looks terrific on this sexy slim tower and the bands create wonderful visual interest. This is turning out really good so far.

Last edited:

Mr.Tang

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think I am not in the majority on this - but I think the building is too thin for its height. It sort of reminds me of a pair of buildings on Hong Kong's Happy Valley hills known as "the chops sticks" because they look so ridiculously slim. I especially get this impression looking north from the Metro Centre park where the context of buildings around it emphasize this. There have been general rules of building proportion going back a long way. Mies van der Rohe actually built a big mock-up of the TD centre to make sure the proportions really worked. I feel like in this case - there was not really a lot of design considerations - a developer just wanted to stack as many saleable floors into one small lot to maximize profit.

I do like the proposed entry courtyard though...

RiverCity1

Member Bio
Reaction score
I like when rules are thrown out the window. I say bring on more tall, skinny buildings on tiny lots in the City. This is like a gorgeous model among average joes. Of course it's going to stick out.