Love the slim profile- slim is nice because it goes up faster. This thing is already at least 35 floors.

21 December 2013: metro hall finally has a purpose:
825v.jpg

From inside the Chapters at John and Richmond to give some perspective:

Chapters.jpg

Attachments

• Chapters.jpg
    Chapters.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,111
Jan 4

How can you not love this building?

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 842
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 852
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 817
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 834
Jan 4

How can you not love this building?

Well, once Mirvish is finished all the west facing suites will be completely dark and blocked in the afternoon, thereby depreciating the value of those suites demonstrably.

That and the fact that the builder's reputation is suspect.

Aa has does a decent job thus far. I will grant you that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamb Developments & Harhay are great builders/developers, one of the better ones in Toronto IMO. They do quality work and don't fall into the trap of building cookie-cutter tiny investor units. Most developers are suffering from growing pains with our construction boom, so no developer is perfect especially these days.

This building is looking stunning so far and will be a standout once it's completed. I don't know how close the Mirvish towers will be to it, but if there was going to be a building blocking my view a Gehry-designed building would be my preference. There will still be light in the afternoon as the sun will be biased towards the south and imagine getting morning sun reflecting off the rippled curves or folds of the Mirvish towers -- it's not so bad.

There will be minimum setback distances between this and the Gehry towers as well, there are towers closer together elsewhere in the core.

Lamb Developments & Harhay are great builders/developers, one of the better ones in Toronto IMO. They do quality work and don't fall into the trap of building cookie-cutter tiny investor units. Most developers are suffering from growing pains with our construction boom, so no developer is perfect especially these days.

This building is looking stunning so far and will be a standout once it's completed. I don't know how close the Mirvish towers will be to it, but if there was going to be a building blocking my view a Gehry-designed building would be my preference. There will still be light in the afternoon as the sun will be biased towards the south and imagine getting morning sun reflecting off the rippled curves or folds of the Mirvish towers -- it's not so bad.

I wouldn't go that far. Harhay and Lamb work well together, though.

Lamb partnered with the Sher Company and Hyde Park Homes for The King East, which they later regretted.

Back