There’s a similar attraction on Orfus Road called The Bubble:

Yes, adults are permitted to jump on it, not just prepubescent children, since the attraction is all-ages.

It even has a video arcade with redemption prizes! Oh, and laser tag!

There’s a similar attraction on Orfus Road called The Bubble:

Yes, adults are permitted to jump on it, not just prepubescent children, since the attraction is all-ages.

It even has a video arcade with redemption prizes! Oh, and laser tag!
Cool, but that's all the way in North York in a boring area.

UT's own @AlexBozikovic is out w/his latest thoughts on this site:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/art...cle-ontario-place-is-a-park-keep-it-that-way/ (behind the paywall at time of posting)

The gist is this, while neglected, and in need of attention, even as-is, Ontario Place holds much appeal; and the current proposal holds little. Why not just make it a Provincial Park?

I'm inclined to agree, I've shared my thoughts on this proposal in the past and won't rehash them, except to say, this site deserves far better than what's on track to get, better leave it dormant for a time than ruin it for 2 generations into the future.

@AlexBozikovic

Alex I'd love your thoughts on somebody's (I forget who) brilliant idea to relocate the Therme spa etc. on ORCA's rail deck park.... a gazillion new residents with the Caribbean on their front door.

Imagine the fast tracking for ORCA residential sales (and the whole project itself) with this kind of amenity at their doorstep.

Even better, how about writing about "relocation" strategies which a) saves Ontario Place for something better and b) fast-forwards a massive deck over the rail corridor.

Win win... and if this hasn't been discussed at ORCA, the idea deserves to spoken out loud(er) imo.

this whole debate around this comes down to 2 things:

park vs attraction
and
public vs privately run attraction

i think that Ontario Place should be restored to its old theme park attraction it was before, The spa resort is kinda underwhelming of what it could be, but it's decent enough. I would also like to point out the fact that the west island is solely occupied by the abandoned log flume ride and the kids village with rusting empty buildings. there is no "park" there like there is on the east island. Also the trail will be kept fully intact and upgraded later on

As long as the contract has wording to prevent unnecissary price spikes like the 407 whats the difference between a paid government run one and a privately owned one.

Why not build it out over the water to the south of OP, or on its own new little island? The island option would be more expensive, to say the least, and the EA's would be interminable, but putting it out above the lake on pier-like supports is eminently do-able.
It would be a moderate and new expansion to Ontario Place which seems optimistic. It would out of the way, and it would leave the west island intact, ready to be spruced up.

If the Ford government is so assured this new Therme attraction is going to be a destination and moneymaker, why not build it out over the water to the south of OP, or on its own new little island?
It would me a moderate and new expansion to Ontario Place which seems optimistic. It would out of the way, and it would leave the west island intact, ready to be spruced up.
$?

this whole debate around this comes down to 2 things:

park vs attraction
and
public vs privately run attraction

i think that Ontario Place should be restored to its old theme park attraction it was before, The spa resort is kinda underwhelming of what it could be, but its decent enough. I would also like to point out the fact that the west island is solely occupied by the abandoned log flume ride and the kids village with rusting empty buildings. there is no "park" there like there is on the east island. Also the trail will be kept fully intact and upgraded later on

As long as the contract has wording to prevent unnecissary price spikes like the 407 whats the difference between a paid government run one and a privately owned one.
I agree. I'm not keen on the idea of moving the Therme proposal away from the water as then it would lose a lot of its seamless indoor to outdoor beach charm.

Therme has a survey that it's pushing through Facebook ads which arguably is designed to solicit public feedback on its proposal, but is really structured in a way to convince you that the proposal will deliver your waterfront dreams!

The survey asks you to prioritize improvements to the waterfront (Environment, more parks, beach/swimming area, indigenous treaty rights etc.)

It also asks what amenities you would like to see. (restaurants, waterslides, cultural facilities, sports facilities (ie. volleyball courts).

Then asks if you would support a proposal that delivered more parks, and beach (you know how that will be used).

It also asked whether the taxpayer or private interests should foot the bill for waterfront improvements. (I picked 'other' for this one so I could type in my reply, that private interests were welcome to contribute, but that building on existing parkland, and removing existing trees was not a contribution, building on parking lots would be).

Survey Link here:

Last edited:
It also asked whether the taxpayer or private interests should foot the bill for waterfront improvements. (I picked 'other' for this one so I could type in my reply, that private interests we welcome to contribute, but that building on existing parkland, and removing existing trees was not a contribution, building on parking lots would be).
I picked B partly because if they're trolling an annoying question, I'll troll an annoying answer. And partly because I believe this is the responsibility of good government...but with a loaded question phrased like that, it is clear that the peeps behind this "survey" don't want that.

Last edited:
After someone flipped a switch and summer ⛱️ ended (in mid-November!!)... I'll confess I'm gonna eventually need to hide somewhere like this for the next 4 months without going to an airport.

I'll lobby again for Therme's relocation to CRAFT Rail Deck* (somebody's brill idea) where there's no lake access or beach (who cares we have lots)...but will accelerate the CRAFT-KINGSMEN project* forward by a decade.

Every prospective condo buyer in the country would kill to have this in their front yard (no trains either).

Oh boy did they get an earful about how disgraceful the selling of the public space, the destruction of the environment, their plan, and this whole situation is in my response to that (also shamefully framed, twisted to get the results they want) "other" question.
...as I strongly suspect if they had posted "A Private Interests" and "B Government" and "C Other" instead, the results would be remarkably different than what they'll likely currently get. Even though there is very little change in the stated choices other than it's said framing of it.

Back