Honestly, I’d probably take Nobu over this. So outrageously ugly, particularly the south-facing cladding, above the first setback. It doesn’t get much worse than this.
Not to start an onslaught from owners/investors in this dumpster fire, I would say that the (low) quality of the cladding is not really the problem. It could have had top quality cladding, installed by cladding champions and it would still be an ugly hulk that was not designed for its location. VERY sad!

1666986850515.png

Last edited:
Like everyone who says 'no pun intended', then drops a pun, or says 'no offence intended' before offending, declaring you don't want to exacerbate a dumpster fire before throwing on more fuel, seems to run at odds with the declaration. I'm just thinking we mods should just pull the firefighting equipment back, and let you flame each other to a crisp. Seems like it's what many of you actually want. Rough crowd!

Your photo was taken at least a week ago, the sidewalk on south side of Wellington outside the Flat Iron and going west to about Leader Lane has been dug up for at least a week. That said, it does show the looming T&S filling the skyline very well!
Nope, I took that shot yesterday. Access to Leader Lane from Wellington is still blocked and much of Wellington is still down to one lane, closest to Berczy Park. There was no one working and some of the fences had been removed, so I was able to walk on the blocked off part of Wellington to take that pic.

Last edited:
Nope, I took that shot yesterday. Access to Leader Lane from Wellington is still blocked and much of Wellington is still down to one lane, closest to Berczy Park. There was no one working and some of the fences had been removed, so I was able to walk on the blocked off part of Wellington to take that pic.
In that case, sorry. Leader Lane is certainly still blocked off just north of Wellington but from your photo it looks like the south sidewalk is only excavated to end of the Flat Iron - they excavated it to about middle of the Park a week or more ago and have done zero since. I noticed that rather than properly removing the new temporary light poles they installed a few months ago they just cut them off about 2 feet out of the ground. (It's only money!)

Today, Wellington is completely blocked off from Church to Scott as a (small) crew are putting up more poles.

In that case, sorry. Leader Lane is certainly still blocked off just north of Wellington but from your photo it looks like the south sidewalk is only excavated to end of the Flat Iron - they excavated it to about middle of the Park a week or more ago and have done zero since. I noticed that rather than properly removing the new temporary light poles they installed a few months ago they just cut them off about 2 feet out of the ground. (It's only money!)

Today, Wellington is completely blocked off from Church to Scott as a (small) crew are putting up more poles.
Almost all the new sidewalk across from Berczy (ie. south side of Wellington) is open to pedestrians, except for a tiny stretch. You can see the new light poles in my shot. The lights on top of the poles west of that shot were still covered with what looked like garbage bags.

Almost all the new sidewalk across from Berczy (ie. south side of Wellington) is open to pedestrians, except for a tiny stretch. You can see the new light poles in my shot. The lights on top of the poles west of that shot were still covered with what looked like garbage bags.
Yes, the NORTH sidewalk is almost finished up to Scott, I was talking about the south side of Wellington, just north of the Park. They have also put the new earth into most of the tree trench from Scott to Yonge.

Back