Nope - I wanted a mix of quaint amusement style rides AND large-scale free playscapes like:

The goal is to emphasize the public - money should not be a barrier to having fun on a public asset.

AoD
I don't really think that anything is going to be done with Centerville unless the city can get the Beasley family to sell it to them for a price that the city is willing to pay and I also doubt that either side is interested in that.

The site is leased and it ends in 2022.

AoD
So you honestly think that the city isn't going to renew the lease and then tare everything down. I don't think that Centerville is going anywhere considering the uproar that happened a few years ago when they were considering selling the carousel because of the flooding that happened on the island.

So you honestly think that the city isn't going to renew the lease and then tare everything down. I don't think that Centerville is going anywhere considering the uproar that happened a few years ago when they were considering selling the carousel because of the flooding that happened on the island.

No inside knowledge here......

But you know they lost most of last season due to high water, and they've lost all of this year.

Not a hell of a lot of profit in that.

Alot of Centerville's rides/infrastructure are near end-of-life and will require significant investment.

I think its likely that either a major investment is made or its gone. I could be wrong, but I don't see the as-is ROI.

But you know they lost most of last season due to high water, and they've lost all of this year.

Alot of Centerville's rides/infrastructure are near end-of-life and will require significant investment.

I think its likely that either a major investment is made or its gone. I could be wrong, but I don't see the as-is ROI.

And honestly I don't see them making the investment - and if they do, the lease would probably have to be ludicrously long. The site is included in the master plan with good reason.

AoD

A few years ago they spent significant money on replacing the skyway with a new one. Also after they had planned to sell the carousel they announced plans for a replacement for it. The city and them have probably already talked about extending the lease anyway, just because it isn't public knowledge doesn't mean it hasn't happened yet.

I honestly think that you have some sort of hatred for Centerville so maybe you should start an online patinion and contact your city council member and tell them that you want it gone.

And honestly I don't see them making the investment - and if they do, the lease would probably have to be ludicrously long. The site is included in the master plan with good reason.

AoD
I'll believe that the city is planning something with it only when something actually happens. They can put out all of the mater plans they want to but until work actually begins they mean nothing.

A few years ago they spent significant money on replacing the skyway with a new one. Also after they had planned to sell the carousel they announced plans for a replacement for it. The city and them have probably already talked about extending the lease anyway, just because it isn't public knowledge doesn't mean it hasn't happened yet.

I honestly think that you have some sort of hatred for Centerville so maybe you should start an online patinion and contact your city council member and tell them that you want it gone.

WTF?

I have barely mentioned Centreville.

Whose posts are you reading?

Do you know how incredibly rude that is to throw nonsense out about people that makes no rational sense whatsoever?

Nope - I wanted a mix of quaint amusement style rides AND large-scale free playscapes like:

The goal is to emphasize the public - money should not be a barrier to having fun on a public asset.

AoD

Not everything has to be free for people to enjoy it just because someone can't afford to pay for an amusement park or go on rides by your logic Vaughan should get rid of Canada's Wonderland then too because not everyone can pay for it.

Not everything has to be free for people to enjoy it just because someone can't afford to pay for an amusement park or go on rides by your logic Vaughan should get rid of Canada's Wonderland then too because not everyone can pay for it.

Wonderland isn't sitting on a premier piece of public property - besides, if the park can't afford to pay the city for the privilege of providing a private good in the future, I am not sure why the public has to bend over backwards for it either.

AoD

WTF?

I have barely mentioned Centreville.

Whose posts are you reading?

Do you know how incredibly rude that is to throw nonsense out about people that makes no rational sense whatsoever?
You mentioned about the lease being up next year.
I'm sorry but I don't see how saying that I hope that they don't get rid of something is nonsense. Honestly I think that some of the other ideas that people are posting about like massive playgrounds paid for by private companies that will be free for everyone.

I'm sorry I don't agree with all of the ideas people have on here but that's part of the discussion presenting different ideas.

Wonderland isn't sitting on a premier piece of public property - besides, if the park can't afford to pay the city for the privilege of providing a private good in the future, I am not sure why the public has to bend over backwards for it either.

AoD
How do you know that they can't afford to pay for another lease or are you just speculating about because you just want to see something else in its place?

You mentioned about the lease being up next year.

No, I did not. That was Alvin.

I responded to his post.

I'm sorry but I don't see how saying that I hope that they don't get rid of something is nonsense.

That isn't nonsense. You're entitled to your preference.

However, you attributed something to me which I did not say.

That is nonsense.

You also suggested I've been going on about Centreville at some length as if this were a big deal to me; when I have not been and it is not.

That is also nonsense.

My posts on this read clear as day. The first reference I made to Centerville, in post #2 of this thread was to say, if Centreville remains, that's fine.

You simply made stuff up and said I was saying something I was not.

Go back and re-read the entire thread.

I'm sorry I don't agree with all of the ideas people have on here but that's part of the discussion presenting different ideas.

Actually you seem quote opposed to ideas different from your own; but you also put words in other people's mouths.

Now I'm done w/this chat. No flame-wars, No BS, The record is straight, you were wrong.

How do you know that they can't afford to pay for another lease or are you just speculating about because you just want to see something else in its place?

Relax, of course I am speculating - isn't that the function of the forum? I want to see the potential of something better - which may or may not include Centreville staying - you want it to stay the way it was. That's that.

AoD

No, I did not. That was Alvin.

I responded to his post.

That isn't nonsense. You're entitled to your preference.

However, you attributed something to me which I did not say.

That is nonsense.

You also suggested I've been going on about Centreville at some length as if this were a big deal to me; when I have not been and it is not.

That is also nonsense.

My posts on this read clear as day. The first reference I made to Centerville, in post #2 of this thread was to say, if Centreville remains, that's fine.

You simply made stuff up and said I was saying something I was not.

Go back and re-read the entire thread.

Actually you seem quote opposed to ideas different from your own; but you also put words in other people's mouths.

Now I'm done w/this chat. No flame-wars, No BS, The record is straight, you were wrong.
Sorry I made a mistake and quoted you I didn't mean to start a flame war about this.

Last edited:

Back