What’s to become of the sales centre? Surely there isn’t enough room for another phase.
There is room for two more buildings:

Pier27Site.jpg

Pier27NewPhases.jpg

No idea where the sales pavilion is going, though I'd love to see it donated to Toronto Parks for a pavilion to plunk down as an interpretation centre somewhere.

Attachments

• Pier27Site.jpg
    Pier27Site.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 621
  • Pier27NewPhases.jpg
    Pier27NewPhases.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 604
Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, the sales pavilion could be part of the park design for the east side of the Yonge Street slip, and should be moved to a permanent sport just west of the Tower at Pier 27, up against the new promenade that will go down the east side of the pier, and in alignment with the north edge of the Pier 27 buildings.

Plunk it down as the second storey of a concrete base, turning it 90° to make it longer north-south, and leave more space between it and the Tower at P27 for "breathing room" and a wide direct connection from the sidewalk south into the park.

Ground level has public washrooms, a tourist info booth, and snack shop/café wth patio facing south into the new park, plus vertical circulation area to reach the upper level.

Pavilion level has three rooms and functions as an outpost of the upcoming Museum of Toronto. Middle room (where you first arrive when you ascend) shows what this area was like during First Peoples' sole stewardship of it. North room looking up Yonge Street explains the the building of that street and European settlement of Ontario. South room looking overlooking the slip to the harbour explains the infilling of Lake Ontario shoreline over the years to create the harbour, and the area's industrialization, and then its subsequent recent urbanization and parkification.

The building both fits in architecturally with the area (and with its sail-like rigging, its waterside location in particular) and it can be our first heritage designated condo sales pavilion next to the development it was used to sell.

Anyone has pics of the finishes Cityzen is offering for this phase?
I was in a unit in the waterlink phase last weeknend and the finishes, especially in the baths rooms,
were just awful and cheap looking...:(

I don't have pictures, but I recall going into the showroom much later and the finishes were OK to good, but not great. I imagine they have lots of options to up-sell people on.

May just be my inexpert eyes but this block feels claustrophobic, especially in contrast to the Canary/RC complex, or even the Monde/Aqua*** blocks.

May just be my inexpert eyes but this block feels claustrophobic, especially in contrast to the Canary/RC complex, or even the Monde/Aqua*** blocks.
Yes, I agree it looks very (over) crowded now and, as shown a few posts up the thread, there will be even more buildings squashed into the site before all is done. The proposed park at Yonge is good but .....

Yes, I agree it looks very (over) crowded now and, as shown a few posts up the thread, there will be even more buildings squashed into the site before all is done. The proposed park at Yonge is good but .....
Totally agree, it also doesn't help the waterfront path goes to nowhere. Well, except a blank bomb wall....... The planned park to the West will help but they really could have benefited from a pubic space in the middle of this block (like Aitken Park in Bayside). It is definitely not an area that draws you in.

Totally agree, it also doesn't help the waterfront path goes to nowhere. Well, except a blank bomb wall....... The planned park to the West will help but they really could have benefited from a pubic space in the middle of this block (like Aitken Park in Bayside). It is definitely not an area that draws you in.

I saw a few units in the completed complex and finishes were disappointing for the price to me.

Also, I don't know how people will live in the courtyard-facing units. They are already very dim inside because the buildings form solid walls running north-south and the bridge units create a shadow from above. When the tower is finished and if the two other buildings are constructed, it will be dank.

Normally, separation would be forced by a roadway -- obviously not here. They would have been better off staggering the buildings in their north-south orientation, or even building separated towers.

It seems to be like the remaining spaces should be filled in by townhomes or open space, but obviously that won't happen.

My take is that "dank" is a serious exaggeration of the situation down here. Yes, these are close quarters, but the buildings open on the west and south to the wide-open lake. It's going to be a very urban waterside location, and it won't be to everyone's taste, but the ultimate plan for anyone buying in this complex has been available since the first phases went up for sale.

I have to agree with 42 here. Whether you would like to live in these buildings or not is up to you. There are people living in them now, so obviously they were satisfied enough to purchase/rent those units. Personally, I love taking a stroll through the courtyards and along the waterfront here. the close building spacing creates a very cozy atmosphere, which is contrasted nicely by the openness and the breathing room of the lake on the south and west sides. A couple more planned mid-rises would only serve to add to this general vibe. I really like this development for the waterfront. It is a proper urban village at the intersection of the busy downtown and the open nature. The building massing, spacing and layout only serves to underline that.

This block looks crowded simply because it has had more time to build up than Aqua/Monde. Those look sparse because they're surrounded by land that is in the process of being heavily, heavily developed.

Also, I've lived in this building and any sort of worry about "darkness" is totally unfounded. When you're walking on a downtown street the sun is blocked 80% of the time by towers (basically at all times other than when it's directly above) but you don't think it's "dark" - it's plenty light, you're just not getting direct sunlight, just like the units in this building. Also there's pools in between these buildings and they're getting direct sunlight for large portions of the day, which obviously means the units are getting that sunlight too.

The building was great when I was there. Seemed very high-end. Felt like a resort or cruise ship. And I quite like the architecture (could be better, as always, but it's impressive to walk past, particularly at night).

Last edited:
I was looking to buy resale here during occupancy. Finishes at the time were very good. Built in appliances, gas, nice trimming, high ceilings. Bathrooms had cheap vanity lighting but besides that came off impressed with the building. This was 5 years ago so I guess compared to now these things may not seem as nice but that’s natural. I can think of newer projects that aren’t as nice.

Back