PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
77 ST CLAIR AVE E
Ward 22 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Site Plan Approval appication for an addition to and renovation of the existing two-storey podium containing retail, office, and school uses (additional non-res GFA 678.0 square metres). The residential tower and townhouse components will not be modified.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys 20 # of Units 0

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 17 273757 STE 22 SA Dec 11, 2017 Under Review

upload_2018-2-28_16-34-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-28_16-34-28.png
    upload_2018-2-28_16-34-28.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,538
New docs posted January 2.

1580661290768.png

Just to add a note here; the Urban Fresh is out; Farm Boy is incoming here.

I mean it couldn't really get much worse than the current street level treatment. Would've been nice if they picked a complementary colour though; those fins in a natural terracotta colour would match the tower nicely.

I mean it couldn't really get much worse than the current street level treatment. Would've been nice if they picked a complementary colour though; those fins in a natural terracotta colour would match the tower nicely.

That stone veneer is very pro-forma for Farm Boy, a corporate look if you would. I expect that was their choice. The rest is on the building owner.

That stone veneer is very pro-forma for Farm Boy, a corporate look if you would. I expect that was their choice. The rest is on the building owner.
True, although they usually soften it with a warm toned wood awning- I wonder if that element will be added seeing as it was still anticipated to be Sobeys at the time of render.

The Farm Boy store is expected to open later this year in the Autumn:

Just received a note from them to say that the Farm Boy is opening on November 3. From their presser:

…the new 27,739-sq.-ft. location will employ 139 people in the community and showcase Farm Boy's more than 40 years of grocery retail experience and customer-service excellence. True to Farm Boy’s roots, the new location will provide local residents with a unique shopping experience, offering a large assortment of fresh, seasonal fruit and vegetables, a broad selection of Canadian pork, chicken, and beef as well as chef-prepared, marinated-meat creations and delicious meal ideas.​
Farm Boy’s grocery and dairy department delivers a great selection of items, including more than 1,600 Farm Boy private-label products and a variety of sweet treats made in the Farm Boy Bake Shop. Farm Boy Yonge and St. Clair customers can also look forward to freshly prepared, chef-inspired dishes, hot meals and the ever-popular salad bar and hot bar for grab-and-go options.​
“For over 40 years, the Farm Boy experience has been rooted in fresh, wholesome food, along with exceptional customer service,” said Farm Boy President and General Manager, Shawn Linton. “We are thrilled to be opening a location for our loyal midtown Toronto customers who incorporate Farm Boy meals and products into their day-to-day lives.”​

View attachment 486072
I think this one is complete, as no change from albert's

This one demands a look back at the 'before' pic:

1687029435635.png

Streetview: 2019

On balance, I think it's an improvement, though not a stunner to be sure.

Though, I would note here how the former 'pops' space was simply erased/built over; one of the many reasons I dislike this form (Pops) because it's really only protected until it's not.

Not a huge loss in this particular case, but the principle......

Back