Sticking to grey, black, and white isn't what makes something sophisticated ....or classy. Design, colour hue chosen, and quality dictates these things.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but that's how some people think. I think those are just the dominant colours of stone, having colours sometimes comes off as childish.

Yes, SmartCentres posted on their instagram earlier this year last year of the LED's displaying an animated Canadian Flag. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to download and share instagram stories so I just took a screenshot. You can view it for yourself in their stories archives under #SmartVMC. It actually looks quite nice.

View attachment 309557
If I have to be honest, this is quite lame. A large Time Square-esque screen would've added so much more value to the proposed "transit hub". Broadcasting live information (i.e. weather report, stock market ticker, news report) would've been a jackpot.

If I have to be honest, this is quite lame. A large Time Square-esque screen would've added so much more value to the proposed "transit hub". Broadcasting live information (i.e. weather report, stock market ticker, news report) would've been a jackpot.
Who's to say it won't be able to display more information? There's a lot that can be done with these displays even if it is at a lower resolution than a normal screen.

Taken on July 11 from the 400 NB.
20210711_131323.jpg

The 'SMART VMC' sign/logo looks terrible; the rest is fine. If they were smart, they'd have hired a graphic artist .... a good one.

These are basically done. Funny seeing people going for evening strolls through the industrial areas directly to the north.

IMG_4750.JPG

These are basically done. Funny seeing people going for evening strolls through the industrial areas directly to the north.

View attachment 338418
The abrupt transition from residential highrise to one/two storey industrial is funny enough. Perhaps in the future there can be some midrises on the north side of Portage to provide a buffer.

Reactions: Vck
The only thing I don't like about phase 1 is residents have to walk outside in order to get facilities at YMCA, imagine all the hassle just going for a swim.

The abrupt transition from residential highrise to one/two storey industrial is funny enough. Perhaps in the future there can be some midrises on the north side of Portage to provide a buffer.
I recall seeing something somewhere that the city is reviewing the land use policies for those lands so something like that may end up happening.

Back