At least when you visit U's web site, you're slightly entertained with that catchy track. That will definitely distract the 10 year delay. It's all about U.... no honey, its all about them!

The townhomes are nice but they should only have been on St. Mary St. and retail on Bay St.

This project launched just around the Financial meltdown in 08. My understanding is that sales slowed right down for a while. They then redid some of the plans and basically created a series of studios that the branded the Urban Design series. Obviously they sold the first tower to an acceptable level, then they launced sales in the second tower. So I guess that's why it took so bloody long to get off the ground. They probably had to sell seventy percent of say 800 units to get financing?

The townhouses seem bizarre to me, at least those that front on Bay.

You can see construction from the East side of Bay Street...

Miracles will never cease

8661744308_c031136cb7_b.jpg

One Bloor's moving at a faster pace, even with it's basement levels. without it's complicated podium, it would probably top out before these two do. (maybe not.. but either way smh)

Definitely would rank this as the least exciting project in the city. Although the impact it'll have on the skyline will be honourable.

Wow, pretty depressing pic...closing in on the month of May with the trees still bare, rubbish scattered all over the street, and these buildings 7 years later at ground level

"rubbish scattered all over the street" - obviously old furniture waiting for a pick-up. Not quite so dire as your description.

Back