Today.
77FBE966-430D-4D43-A71A-5D22F8251BCD.jpeg

So is the 'zoid shape going to be made by adding extensions to the floor plates? Because it doesn't look tapered at all save for the beams at the bottom of it. Or am I missing something?

I absolutely love this project. I can't wait until they start building the big boy next door. The whole thing is going to have a very Blade Runnerish effect--especially once they start creating more human than human AI robots inside, which is what I understand they will be trying to accomplish.

One word of advice for Jerry and Heather: if one of the robots tries to invite himself inside in order to show off a killer chess move, do not let him in!

First of two U of T towers rises, creating Canada’s largest innovation centre

Oct 25, 2021

“The main utility feeds are now coming into the property or in progress,” says a spokesperson from the U of T in a statement prepared for Daily Commercial News.

“Mechanical equipment installations are starting at the P1.5 level. Mechanical and electrical will continue to progress as re-shoring is removed. Precast cladding will start in late October into early November.

Workers will begin installing curtainwall and glazing in early November. The tower is expected to be completed in December 2022.

Steelworkers and masonry, formwork and drywall trades are onsite, along with pre-cast, waterproofing, mechanical and electrical contractors. In addition, there are various external contractors co-ordinating with EllisDon who are doing quality control work and installing water, gas and communications lines.

Construction of a second tower at the university, which will be 21 storeys with three mechanical penthouse floors, is expected to get underway about the same time as the first one is being completed.

Renderings of these buildings seem to show towers that have more floors than the official floor counts. The first phase tower looks to be at least 14 floors in renderings (instead of 12), unless the last couple of floors are mech floors disguised as regular floors.

There's definitely some inclination of the floor plates on both sides as they ascend up from the 2nd pic down. So the 'zoids are there and didn't get squared off in some value engineered redesign as I may have unreasonably feared.
Yes, the slanted columns are most visible on the northern elevation. Now let's hope the white precast cladding is not compromised.

I (think?) remember reading in one of the docs sets that they’re proposing polished terrazzo panels which is nuts - I hope I am remembering that right and they actually do it because that would be amazing

I (think?) remember reading in one of the docs sets that they’re proposing polished terrazzo panels which is nuts - I hope I am remembering that right and they actually do it because that would be amazing

You remembered correctly:

Whether it has been VEd or not I don't know.

AoD

Back