Don't forget the East Harbour project. The Soap factory building was originally planned to open 2021.
That’s the one I was referencing as doubtful. Amazon right now clearly cares to pay for space close to Union so I struggle to see them leaving that area. Likely CC3 or 11 Bay.

again, no insider info here, just speculating..

That’s the one I was referencing as doubtful. Amazon right now clearly cares to pay for space close to Union so I struggle to see them leaving that area. Likely CC3 or 11 Bay.

again, no insider info here, just speculating..

I can agree with you.

With that project, the goal is to build a Union Station East with GO train, Ontario line and Street Car service. All of course years away, but definitely could be a tech hub at some point.

Hopeful on my end to see some of what I worked on come into the real world.

He can hint if he wants. It's not a crime to drop hints while maintaining plausible deniability so as not to ruffle any feathers.
Some of us appreciate the mystery.
i know. i was just kidding. dude creates a lot of suspense sometimes. LOL!

I thought Shopify was at the well.
Yes and they also just finished with their new offices at King & Portland. Seems unlikely they'd buy here (especially with things going remote).

I thought Shopify was at the well.
Yes and they also just finished with their new offices at King & Portland. Seems unlikely they'd buy here (especially with things going remote).
Shopify will be in The Well. They're also in KPC and 420 Wellington. They just vacated their space at 80-82 Spadina.

Update coming to Council in July 2021: See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.CC35.15

Summary
20 York Inc. (the "Applicant") is the owner of the properties municipally known as 149, 151, 171 Front Street West, 7 Station Street, 20 York Street (the "Subject Site"), located on the block generally boarded by Lower Simcoe Street to the west, Front Street to the north, York Street to the east, and the railway corridor to the south. The Subject Site currently contains an 8-storey non-residential building fronting onto Front Street, a commercial building and enclosed pedestrian walkway known as the SkyWalk that ranges from 1 to 4 storeys, and is traversed by an east-west private driveway with surface parking known as Station Street. The Subject Property includes one heritage listed building (20 York Street) and three heritage designated buildings (7 Station Street (the "Canadian National Express Shed Building"), 151 Front Street West, and the SkyWalk building). To the east of the Subject Site is Union Station. The Metro Convention Centre and InterContinental Hotel are located to the west. The SkyWalk building to the south connects to the Metrolinx UP Express Union Station stop.

On March 5-8, 2007, the City Council approved an application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law for a 36-storey office tower and technology centre on the Subject Site and adopted amending By-laws 594-2007 and 595-2007 (the "2007 Council Approval"). Building permits to develop in accordance with the 2007 Council Approval were never sought.

On February 27, 2014, new Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment applications were submitted for the Subject Site seeking a different development proposal for a 48-storey office building. On August 25, 2014, City Council approved the new rezoning and official plan amendment applications ("2014 Council Approval"). At that time, City Council also approved a related heritage demolition and alteration permit request to allow for the demolition of the heritage properties known as the Skywalk, 7, 7A, and 7B Station Street, and to also allow for the alteration of 151 Front Street and 20 York Street as part of the 48-storey office development proposal ("2014 Heritage Demolition Approval"). The final by-laws implementing the 48-storey office development associated with the 2014 Council Approval and the 2014 Heritage Demolition Approval were never enacted, as outstanding pre-approval conditions related to comments from Engineering and Constructions Services were never satisfied by the owner.

In March 2019, the Applicant submitted a further revised Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment proposal to the City for a new development design for the Subject Site. The Applicant's resubmission now proposed a 52-storey office building with an east-west width of 91.5 metres and 0 metre setback from the Lower Simcoe Street property line to the west (the "2019 Proposal"). The 2019 Proposal is intended to contain approximately 116,682 square metres of new commercial Gross Floor Area and 32,362 square metres of retained Gross Floor Area. The 2019 Proposal is a continuation of the applications that were approved by City Council, but never enacted by final by-law, in the 2014 Council Approval and 2014 Heritage Demolition Approval.

In August 2020, the Applicant appealed the 2019 Proposal to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal, now continuing as the Ontario Land Tribunal. The appeal is known as Ontario Land Tribunal case number PL200354.​

Update coming to Council in July 2021: See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.CC35.15

Summary
20 York Inc. (the "Applicant") is the owner of the properties municipally known as 149, 151, 171 Front Street West, 7 Station Street, 20 York Street (the "Subject Site"), located on the block generally boarded by Lower Simcoe Street to the west, Front Street to the north, York Street to the east, and the railway corridor to the south. The Subject Site currently contains an 8-storey non-residential building fronting onto Front Street, a commercial building and enclosed pedestrian walkway known as the SkyWalk that ranges from 1 to 4 storeys, and is traversed by an east-west private driveway with surface parking known as Station Street. The Subject Property includes one heritage listed building (20 York Street) and three heritage designated buildings (7 Station Street (the "Canadian National Express Shed Building"), 151 Front Street West, and the SkyWalk building). To the east of the Subject Site is Union Station. The Metro Convention Centre and InterContinental Hotel are located to the west. The SkyWalk building to the south connects to the Metrolinx UP Express Union Station stop.

On March 5-8, 2007, the City Council approved an application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law for a 36-storey office tower and technology centre on the Subject Site and adopted amending By-laws 594-2007 and 595-2007 (the "2007 Council Approval"). Building permits to develop in accordance with the 2007 Council Approval were never sought.

On February 27, 2014, new Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment applications were submitted for the Subject Site seeking a different development proposal for a 48-storey office building. On August 25, 2014, City Council approved the new rezoning and official plan amendment applications ("2014 Council Approval"). At that time, City Council also approved a related heritage demolition and alteration permit request to allow for the demolition of the heritage properties known as the Skywalk, 7, 7A, and 7B Station Street, and to also allow for the alteration of 151 Front Street and 20 York Street as part of the 48-storey office development proposal ("2014 Heritage Demolition Approval"). The final by-laws implementing the 48-storey office development associated with the 2014 Council Approval and the 2014 Heritage Demolition Approval were never enacted, as outstanding pre-approval conditions related to comments from Engineering and Constructions Services were never satisfied by the owner.

In March 2019, the Applicant submitted a further revised Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendment proposal to the City for a new development design for the Subject Site. The Applicant's resubmission now proposed a 52-storey office building with an east-west width of 91.5 metres and 0 metre setback from the Lower Simcoe Street property line to the west (the "2019 Proposal"). The 2019 Proposal is intended to contain approximately 116,682 square metres of new commercial Gross Floor Area and 32,362 square metres of retained Gross Floor Area. The 2019 Proposal is a continuation of the applications that were approved by City Council, but never enacted by final by-law, in the 2014 Council Approval and 2014 Heritage Demolition Approval.

In August 2020, the Applicant appealed the 2019 Proposal to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal, now continuing as the Ontario Land Tribunal. The appeal is known as Ontario Land Tribunal case number PL200354.​

There is a settlement offer in this update........Council can choose to accept it, or fight on. A case management hearing at the OLT will either go ahead in September as planned, or will turn into a settlement hearing.

The substance of the offer is below:

1625840450193.png

1625840503653.png

So guess this one step closer to unraveling that wall of folded arms at City Council, I gather.

I really do wonder what this will actually look like when it finally gets past the city's "concerns".

wow a whole 5% reduction in width (4.9% actually)

they really did all this just to secure section 37 funds right?

Back