New docs are posted. Nothing noticeably different to the design: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-168983.pdf

1626184786678.png

1626184810153.png

283 metres from established grade as calculated per the zoning by-law, 286 metres from the ground floor slab level. Established grade looks to be approximately the Front Street grade level but it's 286 metres as measured from the Simcoe Street frontage.

That would put it within 6 metres of First Canadian Place for height. Grade differences mean that FCP will still read a fair bit taller on the skyline though, the top of FCP's mechanical is about 370 metres ASL while this would be 356 metres ASL.

Last edited:
283 metres from established grade as calculated per the zoning by-law, 286 metres from the ground floor slab level. Established grade looks to be approximately the Front Street grade level but it's 286 metres as measured from the Simcoe Street frontage.

That would put it within 6 metres of First Canadian Place for height. Grade differences mean that FCP will still read a fair bit taller on the skyline though, the top of FCP's mechanical is about 370 metres ASL while this would be 356 metres ASL.
Definitely will be using 286 metres when I update the the database file shortly, as the ground floor access is from Simcoe and Station streets, not Front.

It's great that the building will now be set back a bit from Simcoe, giving its entry area some more heft. At the same time Planning can claim a win in getting the length of the building trimmed a bit, even though it's nearly inconsequential practically…

…but yes, we will have a building that looks just that little bit more svelte proportionally. Bring it on!

Issues Resolved - According to Hugh Clark on today's Allied Second Quarter conference call, planning issues with the City over the Union Centre project have all been resolved, and a settlement is expected to be formalized at the Ontario Land Tribunal late this year. Hugh's comments can be heard around the 14 minute mark in today's conference call recording, archived on the Allied web site.

This is prime office space in a solid location so I'm sure it won't take long to reel in some takers. Are any of the major banks looking to expand their office space in the core? If so they could potentially lease some space in this tower as well.

This is prime office space in a solid location so I'm sure it won't take long to reel in some takers. Are any of the major banks looking to expand their office space in the core? If so they could potentially lease some space in this tower as well.
Considering that Allied wants this settled quickly i would not be surprised to see shovels on the ground by spring/summer of 2022, if there are two building id like to see built in this next wave is this and The HUB

....i believe the other 4 big boys {CC-3, 11 Bay, Union Park 1-2) will eventually be built between 2025-2030
which leaves East Harbour without much of a chance to build anything till after 2030

Last edited:

Back