I've hatched a plan that will sail through the "architectural feature" criteria to win CTBUH supertall hardware 🏆:

@Northern Light will design a metal trellis or arbour that will be 2.1 metres above the crown's tallest point.

There will be a variety of all season green climbers (ivy etc.), but the star of the show will be a massive Wisteria (once established, wisteria becomes nearly indestructible to cold, wind etc. ... like 300 metres in the air ;-). :).

Below, this X 50. Fuchsias, purples and whites all summer long.
fd22241wh.jpg

Link

I've never designed a trellis in my life; let alone one that would have some fairly unique structural attributes.............

But thanks for the compliment.

For that, you should check out steveve's renders. My renders are more of an attempt to show how U/C and Proposed towers fit into the existing cityscape, using realistic textures,

For that, you should check out steveve's renders. My renders are more of an attempt to show how U/C and Proposed towers fit into the existing cityscape, using realistic textures,
Still wish you had software that could import your spectacular SSP building drawings (many of which are now blurred out thanks to Dylan's legal concerns).;)

Time for us to pass the hat at UT for your Christmas gift.💰🎅

The Well has glass lifts, so it's not unheard of in Toronto.

Example
For sure; glass lifts --- but the difference is that the interior shaft walls need to be rated. The initial renderings for Union Centre had a giant, clear, tower; in reality, it would have looked like a 400' wide concrete wall.

I've hatched a plan that will sail through the "architectural feature" criteria to win CTBUH supertall hardware 🏆:

@Northern Light will design a metal trellis or arbour that will be 2.1 metres above the crown's tallest point.

There will be a variety of all season green climbers (ivy etc.), but the star of the show will be a massive Wisteria (once established, wisteria becomes nearly indestructible to cold, wind etc. ... like 300 metres in the air ;-). :).

Below, this X 50. Fuchsias, purples and whites all summer long.
fd22241wh.jpg

Link
Apparently, those can kill off demons...well if you watched and/or read Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, desu. 😼

Well it took nearly a week after my post above... but Jack Landau has the scoop(?) on this project... content looks familiar (1 extra rendering) and no real start news. First time I've scooped him in 15 years. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it took nearly a week after my post above... but Jack Landau has the scoop(?) on this project... content looks familiar (1 extra rendering) and no real start news. First time I've scooped him in 15 years. ;)

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-...ek-HxcMgeeckEdT8AQoDwIXF-HzwvR2xE1d3gYgkpXuSM

The article makes it seem like this tower is ready to go and will be up by 2025 haha. Meanwhile there's no tenant and most likely won't be built anytime in the next decade.

...on the other hand, I'm glad they're planing to bring back those vertical indents to accent the window wall. Because that would of been one hell of a boring office tower to look at until one reaches it's top, IMO.

I wish they would provide a winter render with these projects that have a lot of green spaces integrated into the design. I always wonder how it will look in winter when the ivy is just branches and not as lush. Or, could they be using plants that would stay green during a Toronto winter perhaps?

Photo credit - from UT profile page

9576-107248.jpeg

Back