I remember when the eventual changes to UP like rolling in into GO were announced maybe a year back they mentioned more varied service which would be cool. I would be totally supportive of having a superexpress with no stops from Pearson to Union a few times and hour as well as a rapid-express with more stops. We really need to learn to operate more services than pairs of tracks.

I saw a 3-car train leaving the airport on Saturday. Traffic must be picking up.
Haven't they all been 3-car trains lately? Because they've only been hourly at time, or every 30 minutes at other.

The one I took a couple of weeks ago was 3-cars.

Has there ever been an official statement by Metrolinx saying that they intend to close the Weston UPX stop once the Crosstown and Mt. Dennis Station are complete? I know this has always been the assumption.

Has there ever been an official statement by Metrolinx saying that they intend to close the Weston UPX stop once the Crosstown and Mt. Dennis Station are complete? I know this has always been the assumption.
There will be no parking at Mt. Dennis Station, only kiss-n-ride and bicycle parking.

They have said - perhaps not official-official, but at least in past in-person sessions - that the Weston UPX stop will continue to be served once Mt Dennis opens.

And the schedule as it exists today can accommodate an additional station stop with no increase in costs, equipment or staffing.

But many of us believe that they do ultimately plan to discontinue service to Weston. Maybe not right away, but perhaps a year or two down the road.

Dan

Maybe I'm out of touch with things but is there a new stop for UPX at MT Dennis once that opens up? It will become an interchange?

Yep. UPX will stop at Mt Dennis.
They really should have just waited until Mount Dennis was open and not built the Weston stop. Express trains should only stop at interchange stations.

Now with GO-RER, the train frequency at Weston will equal that of the UPX and the UPX stopping at Weston will be mostly pointless (the majority of people there use the UPX to commute downtown) Demolishing the new UPX station there would be political suicide.

They really should have just waited until Mount Dennis was open and not built the Weston stop. Express trains should only stop at interchange stations.

Now with GO-RER, the train frequency at Weston will equal that of the UPX and the UPX stopping at Weston will be mostly pointless (the majority of people there use the UPX to commute downtown) Demolishing the new UPX station there would be political suicide.
The organized anti UPX group from Weston made it a point that they were paying a price without a benefit, so a stop for them was added. Not a fight I want to relive.

Back