The fire exit signs are also attached to the emergency lighting system so they stay on if all the other lights in the restaurant go off. It's pretty standard to have these things in public spaces like restaurants, even if it doesn't match the rest of the decor.
It is obligatory under the Fire Code to have (standard) Exit signage in all indoor public areas and for it to be connected to the emergency generator

Some of this might be new...from Union email today:

Venezolano

Coming to Union Station soon, Venezolano will offer a taste of authentic Venezuelan cuisine in a warm and inviting atmosphere. From traditional arepas and empanadas to hearty pabellón criollo, each dish is crafted with care to bring the flavors of Venezuela to life. Experience a culinary journey at Venezolano.

Cinnaholic

You asked for Cinnamon Buns! Here it is! Opening this April, get ready to “roll” into Union Station for Cinnaholic’s “cinn-sational” selection of cinnamon rolls. Featured on Shark Tank in 2014, Cinnaholic is a Union Station experience you will not want to miss.

Taco Bell

Talk about tasty tacos. North America’s largest Mexican inspired fast food chain Taco Bell is making its Union Station debut this April. When the bell sounds for lunch or dinner, you can now enjoy that crunch with Taco Bell at Union.

Purpel

Açaí will be in Union Station right in time for the warmer weather! With a commitment to using high-quality and natural ingredients, Purpel blends the exotic flavors of Brazil with a focus on health and well-being, providing customers with a refreshing and nutritious experience.

Sparetime

At Union Station, creativity and fun will continue on as Sparetime will be here to stay, with a permanent store in the works! In the meantime, the Sparetime pop-up is now extended until May 1st. Whether you are a Studio Ghibli fanatic, or just have a deep passion and appreciation for quality crafted toys, DIY Kits and collectibles, Sparetime is the place for endless fun.

I’m currently working on a map so we can track vacancy rates on the retail level of the station, I’m going to add unit numbers but does anyone have any suggestions for other things I could add?
You_Doodle+_2024-03-22T14_04_29Z.jpeg

It is obligatory under the Fire Code to have (standard) Exit signage in all indoor public areas and for it to be connected to the emergency generator
Connected to a generator? Are you sure? That seems complete overkill. Wouldn't every business require a generator? I don't see that many around.

When does that go into effect?

I'd think that just using batteries would be just as effective. And less fuel spills and accidents!

There are minimum building size and occupancy loads before they’re required. And I think batteries are ok as long as they’ll last a certain amount of time.

Back