What is the West Wing TD Credit Card Lounge? Is it intended to be private like Via's Business Class lounge or open to the public like the CIBC lounge at the UP station?

Not sure anyone has posted but the new tile flooring at the east end of the Great Hall is nearing completion. It seems to be a copy of the original (?) flooring in rest of the Hall and will, I assume, soon spread over all of it.

Not sure anyone has posted but the new tile flooring at the east end of the Great Hall is nearing completion. It seems to be a copy of the original (?) flooring in rest of the Hall and will, I assume, soon spread over all of it.

Does it look like they're using stone? The original flooring is Tennessee marble, according to this source.

(SNIP)
It is - but no casual traveller would ever find it. I took the PATH from the York Concourse on Saturday to Queens Quay, and it felt like I was using secret passages with the narrow winding passages leading out of the south of the concourse, and the hidden door to a nondescript staircase in the ACC. Even on the second floor walkways, there's little indication that turning right would lead you to food heaven. (and how in this day and age do you get away with putting a staircase in a main artery of the PATH network with no elevator or even escalator?).

In reality though, those in the know would simply walk out the south door of the station (after wandering through the narrow pathways - gosh I hope that improves if/when the VIA concourse is rebuilt) .. I assume there will be access to the new lower level somewhere there) across Bremner, and into the building (not that there is even any Longo's signage at this point!). Certainly not something a casual traveller will find.
(SNIP)

The entire south end of the building is in a state of construction though, so kind of hard to criticize the existence of windy paths and hallways. Based on this image ...

urbantoronto-1230-3712.jpg

It would appear that a few things will happen once construction is complete. First is that there will be no access to the south hallway via the Via concourse. Second will be the opening of the food court and greater food options. But third and probably most importantly is that once the Bay concourse opens and the old Ford hallway between union and the acc opens then there will be a more direct and probably more logical path between union station (the subway station), union station (the rail station), and Union Plaza south of the station.

Ever been in a supermarket before?

Of course I have. And in the U.K. I've been in ones that are actually located in the train station, but they're not in train stations here. That's kind of the point I was making. But thanks for being snarky for no reason. It really makes for a productive conversation...

(Seriously, though. Why did my post about wanting an M&S type store in the train station rub people the wrong way? This is why I mostly lurk...)

Of course I have. And in the U.K. I've been in ones that are actually located in the train station, but they're not in train stations here. That's kind of the point I was making. But thanks for being snarky for no reason. It really makes for a productive conversation...

(Seriously, though. Why did my post about wanting an M&S type store in the train station rub people the wrong way? This is why I mostly lurk...)

In case you haven't noticed nothing is open down there.

Looking at some of the older photos posted here and been thinking that it would have been cool if they opened up the lower level beneath York and Via for some sort of Nuit Blanche installation. Looks very maze-like.

Back