That's unfortunate. However, they have security doors at each bus bay that only open for passengers when a bus is departing or arriving. Is that not sufficient?

Seems like a very significant and expensive oversight. I swear I counted 20 staff working the apron last week. Their reflective jackets had AAI on them - a transportation and logistics company - so they're probably non-unionized and temps.
I think we were talking about the security folk OUTSIDE the doors of the new GO Bus station - on the sidewalk of Lake Shore- making sure pedestrians and cyclists are not hit by arriving/departing buses. I had not realised there were more indoors - does sound very labour-wasteful (even if minimum wage) and not a great working environment.

I think we were talking about the security folk OUTSIDE the doors of the new GO Bus station - on the sidewalk of Lake Shore- making sure pedestrians and cyclists are not hit by arriving/departing buses. I had not realised there were more indoors - does sound very labour-wasteful (even if minimum wage) and not a great working environment.
Yes, I think the outdoor security make more sense, but that too might be redundant with a crossing signal and automatic gate.

You are, I assume, a big boy so could do this yourself. :->
Cool, thanks for the random attitude. Was not actually barking out orders; just showing enthusiasm for their post.
And please don't assume my gender K THANKS

Last edited:
short article with a few renders of a new restaurant, The Queenston, opening in the Bay Concourse. I’m happy to see more sit down options come to the station.

From the above.

This is a 10,000ft2 space that will be adjacent to SB arena, and the escalators to/from Bay St. Promenade.

Concept Renders:

1634117275796.png

(via retail-insider)

1634117315144.png

1634117344198.png

1634117362009.png

Article link for additional renders: and details:

I wonder how many people actually visit these restaurants?

Restaurants are becoming the pot shops of Union Station. There are so many of them in such close proximity I am not sure how they survive.

I wonder how many people actually visit these restaurants?

Restaurants are becoming the pot shops of Union Station. There are so many of them in such close proximity I am not sure how they survive.

Back in Mar 2020 I noted that WVRST and Union Chicken were making fairly brisk business, particularly on sports event days. Proximity to SBA for the Queenston would make it attractive to people attending an even at SBA and looking to grab a bite to ear pre or post event.

The spaghetti place (amano's) didn't seem to be doing as well though.

Back