Anyone know when the retail fitout will get underway? The station seems oddly empty still because of all the construction hoarding.

*usual caveat about unexpected events and construction delays*

Several outlets should open by the end of Q1 2022 (4 or more, I believe)

I expect full rollout by the end of 2022.

Is it known when the floor repairs will happen in the Great Hall?

20211119_175247.jpg

Yes, I think the empty retail I am fine with as I'm sure the market will exist to solve that quickly once the pandemic restrictions are fully lifted. However the jersey barriers, the condition of the floors, the unpainted ceiling, and low or poor lighting conditions in many areas is concerning to me. The jersey barriers should have never been required but they used cheap cosmetic bollards. The floors have been in disrepair a long time and they already did most of the restoration in the lounge, great hall, VIA concourses, and washrooms years ago so I'm concerned about why this hasn't been fixed yet. There is little reason the lower level ceiling shouldn't have been painted by now. The shadows throughout the station... I'm unsure if the city will care enough to fix them.

Is it known when the floor repairs will happen in the Great Hall?

View attachment 364147
I posted this a few months ago, the external lighting was done so ..

Below, we have shared information on the expected completion for the items you've identified:

Repairs to the Great Hall floor – The City expects this work to be completed by end of 2022

Installation of lighting in the Great Hall – The City expects this work to be completed by end of 2022

Repairs to the Front St Promenade ceiling – The City expects this work to be completed by the first quarter of 2022

Turning on the external heritage lighting – The City expects this work to be completed by September 2021

Apologize for the blurry pictures...was in a rush and thought I could update you all. I'll see if I can update the pictures later on.

Yes, so 2 Union Chicken(s). One full sit in restaurant in the North Promenade of York Concourse and the "Fast Food" Lane at the Bay Concourse Lower Level.

From @union2pearson 's photo set, it is now possible to say, among the retailers present will be:

BCR: Butter Chicken Roti:

Mikey's Smash Burgers

Grand Tacos Taqueria

Haven't tried the other two, but BCR is great. Though their rotis are big enough for two people, so you'd better make sure your office health and safety protocols allow you to share food!

Haven't tried the other two, but BCR is great. Though their rotis are big enough for two people, so you'd better make sure your office health and safety protocols allow you to share food!

Sharing Indian food? You've got to be kidding - I'd eat it all.

AoD

Last edited:

Back