6C613BCB-7C30-4A09-BD13-36421C79D482.jpeg

USEP hoarding going up just south of the Bay West Teamway.

oh that's awesome, they have great stuff. Excited they're in the core now.

It will be a smaller 'urban' format store. vs their suburban offers. But it should represent the brand well.

Non-Retail permit news pertaining to USEP:

1647031080057.png

East Wing looks pretty much finished, hopefully it’ll open after the exit door is replaced with a new one later this year.
I will be surprised that they open up the ground floor of the East Wing for people until there is something 'useful' in the areas on either side of the passageway. Why pay for security in a not very useful walkway? The upper floors of the East Wing are for City offices so the door itself @ Bay will doubtless open once the new doors are crafted! (I assume the delays in seeing the new doors is that refurbishing or recreating the heritage ones is complex.) Once these doors are reinstalled I assume they will do the same for the ones at the West Wing (leading to the Metrolinx offices above) and to the UPX.

I wonder if they’ve fully replaced the old ticket booths where the restaurant is supposed to go in the Great Hall, looks like it’s just a regular wall now.
I doubt that they intend to (or would be allowed to) 'replace' the old ticket wickets on the north side, behind the wall. I assume the wall is 'temporary' until the area behind it is fitted out for the long-promised restaurant.

Why wasn't this part of the Union Station Revitalization project?

Union Station will be under construction till 2030. Crazy over 20 years of nonstop construction.
It was not part of the USRP because it was not planned (or envisioned) at the time that was planned. It's like asking why the extension of the Yonge subway line was not built in 1954 when the first (Yonge) section of the subway opened!

If anything, I think we're (relatively) lucky that the USEP was envisioned/started before the USRP work on the south end was finished. At least they're not tearing down completed work.

Back