The 2004 canopy looks so good, what happened to that plan!!

View attachment 392217

That's Lisbon's Estação do Oriente superimposed on Union Station and recoloured to cheapo green Toronto glazing - totally a non-project (done for illustrative purposes for the master plan around that time).

AoD

Last edited:
That proposal is hilarious. Turn the east wing Union Station into a real life version of the Lemmings video game or a human pachinko machine. Take a building... and make it completely unproductive where the entire building is vertical access... mind blown. They show all these people enjoying themselves in most of the pictures but I suspect sticking a sword into their body is about the only thing you would see.

Union Station was roaring with excitement this morning..

20220414_082328.jpg
20220414_081957.jpg
20220414_081930.jpg
20220414_081515.jpg
20220414_081503.jpg

Was it for a cause or just a artistic endeavor to elicit smiles?

I believe this possibly was meant to draw attention to the re-opening of "Jurassic Park" in adjacent Maple Leaf Square for Toronto Raptors fans to gather during the playoffs which were starting.

Reactions: PL1
Random thought of the day..

Would you be able to easily tell which of these washrooms is for women and which is for men without entering the wrong one?

I just watched a guy (no mistaking it) walk into the women's and back into the mens. The signage indicating which washeoom is which is buried on a wall after you enter and easily missed.

20220419_082748.jpg

Last edited:
They really need to put continuously welded rail through the station area. As trains move through the train shed and hit rail joints it sends a significant vibration through the building that I can't imagine has zero impact on future maintenance costs. Things that squeak and creak when there are vibrations tend to get looser over time.

Back