The rooftop is clearly not public space and (apart from the security concerns) making it publicly accessible (elevator, multiple fire exits etc etc) would be VERY costly and maybe impossible - there are at least two huge skylights..

I recall from a chat with the late Derek Boles years ago that access is almost impossible.

He stated he once went to the former shooting range in the rafters. It was an elevator to the 7th floor and a very narrow staircase up a few flights from there.

I would assume from that story that getting up there would be impossible.

This is one of the reasons why the Crystal Ballroom at the King Eddy was abandoned. It had 1 staircase and didn't meet code requirements.

I recall from a chat with the late Derek Boles years ago that access is almost impossible.

He stated he once went to the former shooting range in the rafters. It was an elevator to the 7th floor and a very narrow staircase up a few flights from there.

I would assume from that story that getting up there would be impossible.

This is one of the reasons why the Crystal Ballroom at the King Eddy was abandoned. It had 1 staircase and didn't meet code requirements.

There's a shooting range?!

Decathlon at Union Station is now open; Retail-Insider w/the story:

One pic, from the above, the rest if you follow the link:

1661994831650.png

Credit: Retail-Insider

Back