Rendering

I really hope this type of height + density happens here :D ~ but I must say the local residents group are flipping out over this proposal

MCDC.jpg

an overall plan showing all current developments in Markham Centre, this 39s MCDC proposal is on the bottom right, north of the GO train station, west of Kennedy Road

MC_2008status.jpg

The key to success is to make the streets as small as possible ... width wise.
Everything stems from that - narrow streets create such an intimate experience.

That's a good way of comparing say parts of downtown Toronto and NYCC or MCC or the like ... in principle a lot of the areas are comparably dense, have similar height yet they feel so very very different - that's one of the problems!

Not sure if we'll get that here.

The projects North/South of Hi-way 7 before warden (3 of them I think - one by tridel) are very disappointing in my opinion. But I think they came into existence well before this plan and were just tacked on. There's no cohesion whatsoever between them, no retail (well there is tucked within a parking lot) and pretty bad street presence.

More hope for downtown Markham though! Although some of the buildings are UGLY! ... but honestly that doesn't matter, it's how they meet the street / transportation and what not .. we know it won't look very pretty - especially due to the fact it's just on developer - I hate that. But anyway that's fine. If they can succeed in the rest it'll be amazing.

Markham Centre Dev. Corp. Project (Enterprise Blvd/GO Line, 3 x 28-29-s + 10s)

It's interesting to see more development at the eastern side (non-Remington side) of Markham Centre. This will be near the new seniors' residences (http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...kham-East-(Markham-Ctr-Rockport-Group-3x-9s)?) and the new Markham Pan Am Centre (http://www.toronto2015.org/lang/en/gallery/news/markham-unveils-markham-pan-am-centre.html), which has a pool (water polo) and field house (badminton and table tennis).

This is the tallest proposal for Markham Centre to date, and it's very close to the Unionville GO station. If/when the arena gets built and Downtown Markham starts to move east, Markham Centre will really start to come together.

http://www2.markham.ca/markham/ccbs...vices/pl120522/Markham Centre Attachments.PDF

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

mc3.jpg

mc4.jpg

mc5.jpg

Charlie Moon (Yorkville Group) and Barry Sherman (Apotex Pharmaceuticals) are behind this project.

They have also razed that GOD AWFUL factory that was located next to the westbound Viva station @ Enterprise.

So nice to see this area is transforming. :)

They have also razed that GOD AWFUL factory that was located next to the westbound Viva station @ Enterprise.

So nice to see this area is transforming. :)

Yeah, that's where the Markham Pan Am Centre is going. I'm glad it got torn down as well as it really ruined the sense of a new downtown being built.

Last edited:
Now asking for 1400 units in the northern parcel in towers that are now 34, 33x2, 12 stories: https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=42516

Revised site plan, but no renderings yet: https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=42521
I was trying to find this thread, but since it's so hard to find threads that do not have a database file, I just completely gave up and wondered if somebody else would come by and post the update, so thank you for that!

Wasn't sure if there's a thread somewhere that corresponds with this project. Mods, please move/merge if necessary.

COMING SOON TO UNIONVILLE

"UNIONCITY is coming soon to Unionville in Markham, a master-planned city-within-a-city, full of new luxury condominium residences, recreation, and convenient neighbourhood services designed for unlimited living.

Discover spectacular architecture, sophisticated interiors, and unparalleled hotel-inspired amenities. Break free of the ordinary and get ready to experience life without limits."

unionc.jpg

It does seem that UnionCity is marketing term for this project. As the original submission is so old now, I would expect plenty of changes.

COMING SOON TO UNIONVILLE

"UNIONCITY is coming soon to Unionville in Markham, a master-planned city-within-a-city, full of new luxury condominium residences, recreation, and convenient neighbourhood services designed for unlimited living.

Discover spectacular architecture, sophisticated interiors, and unparalleled hotel-inspired amenities. Break free of the ordinary and get ready to experience life without limits."

Normally I don't comment on marketing fluff...............but I can't resist when looking at the bolded.

Really? Do elaborate, what is 'unlimited living'? Is it immortality? Exemption from the rule of law? Exemption from the laws of Physics?

Honestly.....there are moments when I feel marketers do not do their clients a favour when writing such nonsense, LOL

As a point of differentiation..........from other developments, just flip the wording..............don't go with other developments that are 'designed for limited living';

Back