uppereast-01.jpg

uppereast-02.jpg

uppereast-03.jpg

uppereast-04.jpg

Olde Yorke Fish & Chips in that area is a good spot. An option if we ever have another UT meet & greet, Laird edition!

One thing at a time, I'm still waiting for confirmation on @Towered buying us a round of Mocha down in the Annex!

The fact that the City looked at this massing and was like "yea - this makes sense and is the most desirable built form" is a total joke. It's well appointed with good quality cladding.. but man, that can't save an awful massing.

Agreed. We could debate the relative amount of setback that was desirable here, and the trades on height that might be made.........but really one set back above the podium would have been fine, two, borderline excessive, but that just looks silly.

To me it would have been more logical and cost effective for the developer to have a shorter building with fewer, lesser setbacks.

I'm one to defend the idea of not wanting eternal darkness on streets or in parks........but this is just such on convoluted, bizarre 'solution'.

lopping two floors off the top and squaring off the insane looking ziggurat would have been the best solution here if you ask me in almost every way. Maybe increase the north step back above the podium a bit if you are worried about pedestrian scale.

@Northern Light Give it a few years,... and you'll eventually see the real rhyme and reason for,... such a "convoluted, bizarre 'solution'."

This thing kind of reminds me of Time & Space but with a much better material palette. That red brick and stone would go a long way down at T&S.
I love that there's some natural materials that extend all the way down to the street. The trend of sterile walls of glass fronting the street needs to die asap

Back