Not a single 3-bedroom unit in the entire complex at a time when the average house has become completely unaffordable to young couples. Where are people supposed to raise their families?
Especially in Leaside of all places.

This is the place to make a 3-bedroom condo unit. Heck, even 4-bedroom.

I'm always impressed at the high quality public realm imagined in condo renders: really wide and handsomely paved sidewalks; street trees that aren't spindly, dead or dying; no overhead wires; perpetual summer... It's the exact opposite of what Toronto really looks like.

OMB will approve the Zoning By-law Amendment for the revised proposal once pre-conditions are met:

a. The final form and content of the zoning by-law being satisfactory to the City Solicitor;
b. The owner entering into a Section 37 Agreement to the satisfaction of the City Solicitor, including:
i. The provision of the cash contribution outlined in the Settlement Offer as amended by Confidential Attachment 2 to be indexed from the date of execution of the section 37 agreement until payment to be applied to new recreational/community facilities (which may include off-site parkland acquisition) in the vicinity of the site and/or the expansion of any existing recreational/community facilities in the vicinity of the site;
ii. Terms relating to the conveyance of the new north-south public street;
iii. Terms relating to public access over the proposed east-west private driveway;
iv. Terms relating to the parkland conveyance (approximately 1720 m2) prior to the issuance of the first above grade building permit; and
v. Terms related to the above base parkland construction, up to the value of the Parks and Recreation component of the development charges payable for the development.

So I decided to pull the pictures out of the development application to post them here for a closer look:

1.png

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

7.png
6.png
8.png
9.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    548.6 KB · Views: 1,134
  • 3.png
    3.png
    748.8 KB · Views: 1,126
  • 4.png
    4.png
    798.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,118
  • 6.png
    6.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,110
  • 8.png
    8.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 1,174
  • 9.png
    9.png
    741.4 KB · Views: 1,097
  • 7.png
    7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,118
  • 2.png
    2.png
    816.8 KB · Views: 1,142
Well, it's got all the setbacks but the net effect looks ungainly and squat... even a tad claustrophobic.

A Site Plan Application was filed with the City on December 21 for phases 1 and 2 (buildings A and B, respectively). The developer is "Camvest Holdings Inc." (which shares their address with Camrost Felcorp) and it looks like this will be marketed as Upper East Village:
upload_2018-1-6_16-33-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-6_16-33-16.png
    upload_2018-1-6_16-33-16.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,077
It looks good. I like the red brick, black-framed windows, stone, and inset balconies. But I wouldn't want the silly faux-New York marketing name plastered on the building itself. That would be in bad taste.

Back