There's idyllic reaching as with many development names, but in fairness I believe the naming here would play on the former location of the Valhalla Inn nearby. Which the new condos by Edilcan have also used.

I love the phase 1 building's triangle precast brick column thing happening on this facade. It really emphasizes the balconies angled looks which sets off this building's nice features. As seen in the second photo up above.

1621174891828.png

1621174925694.png

1621174976829.png

I was hoping to see fencing up and some demo equipment on site but no such luck.
Super windy yesterday so I had to keep the flight low and close to me.
Fun fact: I worked weekends at this complex while in high school 30 odd years ago.

300TEM052321.jpg

For a city lamenting how many 1880-1940 buildings were destroyed because they were unfashionable, Toronto hasn't learned a thing. We're repeating the exact same mistakes because the current generation don't like them. This was the same rationale used by people who tore down 1880-1940s buildings. The excuse is always the same: yeah, but these are ugly. 50 years from now, people will look back upon today and wonder what this generation were thinking.

Toronto will have a lack of quality 70s office buildings at the rate they're being destroyed. And these are nicer buildings that the new condo buildings behind it in the 1st photo.

Last edited:
You're correct @isaidso, but the problem isn't just about aesthetics. Like the tear downs in the 60s, it's also because these buildings don't generate any money. Few want to lease office space out near the 427 so vacancies rise and the buildings just become a drain on the owner's (Kingsett) balance sheet.
Not to mention, these buildings are energy hogs. And retrofitting them would cost a fortune.

New Park at 300 The East Mall

A new park is coming to 300 The East Mall! The City will be engaging the community to help determine the park design.

Project Timeline

• July 2021: Hire a design team
  • October 2021: Community engagement
  • Winter 2021: Design development
  • Spring 2022: Detailed design
The timeline is subject to change.

As part of a new mixed-use development at 300 The East Mall in Etobicoke, there will be a new 2,040m2 municipal park. The developer will be leading the construction for the new park and will be preparing concept design options for community feedback. The new park may include:

• A small playground
  • An outdoor fitness area
  • A central plaza space
  • Seating areas
  • A walking path
  • New plantings
The City will be leading the community engagement for this project. The park concept is being developed in consultation with the community.

Back