They wrapped up for the night around 2:30am, after taking down the section of the building closest to The East Mall.

DSC_4349.jpg

DSC_4361.jpg

DSC_4372.jpg

Video clip from last night. At around the 1:10 mark, there is a large portion that gives way.
Wow, thanks! Quite the noisy night for locals… so I hope they made the best out of it and camped out across the street on the school grounds.

Wow, thanks! Quite the noisy night for locals… so I hope they made the best out of it and camped out across the street on the school grounds.

No problem, I have never seen a structure demolition at night that wasn't a bridge, so had to check it out.Yeah, there was a good amount of noise but when I was there at 1am, no one else was watching.

Oct 10
Lots of changes
When I said last week this was coming down quickly little did I know 302 would be gone in a week!
- all the debris pile in front of the 304 building is gone.
Asphalt being stripped from deck of parking garage.
And, of course, 302 is gone!
DJI_0075.JPG
DJI_0082.JPG
DJI_0081.JPG
DJI_0085.JPG
DJI_0087.JPG

All that is left of 302
DJI_0079.JPG

Cruised by this morning. Will post photos tonight or tomorrow.
Parking garage demolition has begun but aside from that it looks like most of the week's work was consumed by dealing with the rubble of 302 building. Not much visible progress on 300 or 304.

Oct 17-Gusty day.
DJI_0735e_edited-1.jpg

A little more of the mezzanine stub that had been left standing has been removed.
DJI_0730.JPG
DJI_0723.JPG

Parking deck demolition has begun.
DJI_0728.JPG

Rubble pile from 302 building reduced over the last week.
DJI_0733.JPG
DJI_0736e.jpg

Back