Lack of dust suppression, not many happy parents over at the school across the street. A water jet blaster arrived on site at shifts end after the fact.

Dropping hanging sections

Video of the final drop

Photos earlier in the afternoon.
DSC_5421.jpg

DSC_5422.jpg

DSC_5425.jpg

Photos after the last drop
DSC_5440.jpg

DSC_5444.jpg

DSC_5447.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a mess Orin has made of this demolition. I'm perplexed as to why they left the west facing portion of 304 standing and turned their attention to 300. For the reasons that @Nwalsh mentioned, 300 building should have been demolished on a Saturday or Sunday or the whole complex should have been imploded. Great photos and Video, Nwalsh.

Hopefully, I'll get some aerial shots on the weekend but the forecast isn't looking great with winds tomorrow and rain on Sunday.

Wow, what a mess Orin has made of this demolition. I'm perplexed as to why they left the west facing portion of 304 standing and turned their attention to 300. For the reasons that @Nwalsh mentioned, 300 building should have been demolished on a Saturday or Sunday or the whole complex should have been imploded. Great photos and Video, Nwalsh.

Hopefully, I'll get some aerial shots on the weekend but the forecast isn't looking great with winds tomorrow and rain on Sunday.
Thanks, yeah I had someone with me in the demolition industry and the approach to taking this down was raising eyebrows. The whole purpose of a high reach is to take small pieces off by chopping into small chunks and work from the top down. Leaving large amounts of weight hanging unsupported by rebar, means that at any moment that could drop without contact. This also reduces the amount of dust. It was comical seeing a man holding a firehose on the ground, trying to spray into the air well below the cloud of dust. Many of these high reach machines are equipped with a firehose that run up the boom and sprays right at the point of shear contact, if not that than a water truck or jet water blower unit is on site.

Example of a clean demo, no large chunks left hanging overnight and no large overhangs.
untitled (1 of 15)-1-2.jpg

Water truck spraying down the sight in intervals.
untitled (15 of 32)-1-2.jpg

Water truck on standby when significant dust was kicked up.
untitled (22 of 31)-3.jpg

I was inspired by @Nwalsh to upload a video of today's flight. I normally don't shoot a lot of video but have a few I haven't published and tried uploading to YouTube.

Behold ladies and gentlemen:
(Drum roll please.....)

I have another video that I need to trim but in the meantime, here are a few photos from the flight today.

DJI_0435.JPG
DJI_0441.JPG
DJI_0443.JPG
DJI_0445.JPG

DJI_0453.JPG
DJI_0447.JPG
DJI_0454.JPG
DJI_0460.JPG
DJI_0469.JPG
DJI_0472.JPG
DJI_0474.JPG

More video from yesterday

Short clip of structure falling

Site overview

I'm glad these are gone, city needs more rental and affordable housing. The grocery store across the street, proximity to the highway and 2 major bus routes enable you to build high density in the area.

Great photos @Nwalsh. I'm just going through my shots and video from this morning. When I was there they didn't have the high reach operating. I hung out for a while but then had to go and get on with the day.

Nov 27th Update

Here are a bunch of short videos. At some point I'll get around to installing an editing program and learning it but for now raw video is all I can do/have time to do.

DJI_0623.JPG

DJI_0624.JPG
DJI_0628.JPG
DJI_0630.JPG
DJI_0632.JPG
DJI_0642.JPG
DJI_0644.JPG
DJI_0648.JPG
DJI_0661.JPG
DJI_0666ce.jpg

Love the overall birds eye view, hard to distinguish what is going on from ground level at times. Nice video, what is that a Mavic pro @bangkok ?

Love the overall birds eye view, hard to distinguish what is going on from ground level at times. Nice video, what is that a Mavic pro @bangkok ?
It's the Mini2. I wouldn't be legally allowed to fly a Mavic Pro there since it is controlled airspace.

Back