Just to add some W-related activity to this forum:

It seems that W has had a few cracks to get into the Toronto market: the former Holiday Inn conversion, the new-build on Temperance street, renderings of a W in an identical structure to what will become the Nobu, and now this, a W on the site of what became the new Four Seasons. Apparently these renderings are from 2004, and aside from the unimaginative design for the building, one can clearly see the W logo up top. I've never seen these before, but it's interesting to see the journey this brand has gone through to enter Toronto. Can't honestly say I'm thrilled about this architectural brute, but hopefully they do something good with the interiors. Now let's try and get Le Méridien back to the city!

Link here: https://www.acotoronto.ca/show_building.php?BuildingID=1973

Hope you guys are staying safe during this COVID-19 madness. My best to you all - keep us updated when you can!

khabah

WHotel.jpg

WHotel2.jpg

WHotel3.jpg

Just checked the hotel’s website, and this one is delayed to February 2021.

Yeesh. Hopefully they’re throwing in an exterior upgrade.

khabah

Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have an inside view on the accommodations at the W, and worry not - crappy views need not apply in some rooms, because the beds are backed against the windows! Hope y'all like open/wall-less bathrooms...

Images below are of the base king and base queen rooms, and of the living room of the Extreme WOW/Presidential Suite. Images were found on the Marriott site.

khabah

yyzwh-king-guestroom-9335-hor-clsc.jpg

yyzwh-queen-guestroom-9336-hor-clsc.jpg

yyzwh-wow-suite-9334-hor-clsc.jpg

I can say, along with other hotel developments, they've had the most unfortunate timing. But that's not something anyone in this field could of likely predicted, I imagine.

Back