A view from Augusta Avenue on March 21, 2021.

IMG_9999.jpg

With all the new density and ever increasing pedestrian volumes, the current sized sidewalks, even on less busy side streets, are starting to seem less and less rational in terms of the usage of street space. Wider sidewalks are needed.

In this area neither Augusta nor Richmond really have any lanes to give up; but if street parking were removed, they have 1-2M available which can be added to the sidewalks.

Brant, Camden and Maud are all relatively tight, in the range of 7.3M; without parking, you could shave around 0.5M but that's about it. Very rare for the City to go below 7M though.

Obviously width can be added through set-backs when redevelopment is done, but given how much has been done at this point (or is under way), I think new width for sidewalks will mean pinching from travel lanes for cars and/or parking.

You always have the best pictures on the build, but I haven't seen any in a while :)!
Well the changes outside have been less drastic these days, I can pull up a more recent image or two later of the north facade. Here are few pics I have on my phone including one of the underground garage haha.

20210415_213726.jpg
20210405_123720.jpg
20210406_154658.jpg

People have moved in on floors 4 and 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back