Didn't the Harris/Eves Conservative government donate the land where the current opera house sits though?
You mean this thing?

If I got my facts and figures straight, that would been right around an election calling. So this wouldn't be surprising at all. You know, votes talk, bullpoop walks...

Edit/Also:

Spring is sprung! The Lillian McGregor Park will have a grand opening soon I would think. You can bet the politicians will be there to take the credit by recognizing the spirit of the Indigenous People.
We would like to see some colour after the winter we had.! (besides , the grounds can’t be walked on because the soft ground will trample the growth.

The park opening is currently slated for sometime in May, I don't have an exact date......

The City's reasoning for the delay (opening had been planned for March)........

"The opening of Dr. Lillian McGregor Park has been delayed due to unforeseen delays in the conveyance of the park land from private ownership to City of Toronto parkland."

The park opening is currently slated for sometime in May, I don't have an exact date......

The City's reasoning for the delay (opening had been planned for March)........

"The opening of Dr. Lillian McGregor Park has been delayed due to unforeseen delays in the conveyance of the park land from private ownership to City of Toronto parkland."
Is there a park that opens on time in Toronto? There’s always issues.

Is there a park that opens on time in Toronto? There’s always issues.

Rarely

Beare Hill Park, the old landfill site beside Rouge Park is at least a year behind schedule now as the City and the MoE can't seem to agree on something.....

From the City's website

:
1649272919995.png

Soo.......maybe this year.............maybe....

Rarely

Beare Hill Park, the old landfill site beside Rouge Park is at least a year behind schedule now as the City and the MoE can't seem to agree on something.....

From the City's website

: View attachment 390737

Soo.......maybe this year.............maybe....
Yup, and that park on Bay north of Wellesley (Clover Hill Park?) was fenced off for more than 6 months after it was complete. Not to mention Mouth of the Creek Park (still a pile of dirt). This doesn't bode well for Love Park.

So a VR game location next to a newly built park. I guess it's a reflection of our times - kids rather play video games indoors than get some fresh air outdoors.

LOL..........sorry, but every generation is prone to 'Kids these days'.......

In reality, our parks are overwhelmingly popular, pre-pandemic there weren't enough sports fields or tennis courts to go around, and just try to get a camp site at a provincial/national park near the GTA on a summer weekend....

Kids and adults still enjoy the outdoors.

This is more a case of an ill-conceived leasing decision than anything else.

So a VR game location next to a newly built park. I guess it's a reflection of our times - kids rather play video games indoors than get some fresh air outdoors.
I wouldn't read that much into it...kids in the 80s/90s played in arcades, and I'm sure there was someone saying the same thing then.

Kids playing, even if it's video games, is still good because they're socializing each other. Social media on the other hand is the real trash.

Back