😍

1634932847088.png

"housing diversity is coming in the form of 661 rental units in a range of sizes, 198 units of which are to be affordable rental"

30% of total units as Affordable Housing via a mix of MZO and OPEN DOOR funds from the City and WaterfrontTO lands.

Front page article here. Found it weird that the developer thinks that there is going to be a Don Yard station. I’ve never heard of that before, and as we all know, the GO station is at East Harbour.

74F78EF7-45AD-4818-AF1D-C65F71CD5E83.jpeg

Front page article here. Found it weird that the developer thinks that there is going to be a Don Yard station. I’ve never heard of that before, and as we all know, the GO station is at East Harbour.

View attachment 375332
There has been advocacy from orgs like the Toronto Regional Board Of Trade to create GO RER stations at Cherry (or here, Don Yard) and Spadina station.

I’d say it’s highly likely to be built at some point, given the obvious connection to the port lands via cherry street (where the 504A would also be extended). I doubt the Ontario line would have an added stop here however.

There has been advocacy from orgs like the Toronto Regional Board Of Trade to create GO RER stations at Cherry (or here, Don Yard) and Spadina station.

I’d say it’s highly likely to be built at some point, given the obvious connection to the port lands via cherry street (where the 504A would also be extended). I doubt the Ontario line would have an added stop here however.
Very unlikely that GO would ever build a stop at Don Yard, given its proximity to East Harbour.

Very unlikely that GO would ever build a stop at Don Yard, given its proximity to East Harbour.
I agree, just remember the amount of teeth pulling that had to be done with Metrolinx just to get a Park Lawn GO station built. The degree of fact spinning and lies they did just to present a case against the station was mind-numbingly ridiculous.

The Chief Planner at Metrolinx who was around while all this non-sense was happening is since gone, so i'm sure their policies have changed a bit since then. Nevertheless, dont expect to see any GO Station between Union and East Harbour.

I agree, just remember the amount of teeth pulling that had to be done with Metrolinx just to get a Park Lawn GO station built. The degree of fact spinning and lies they did just to present a case against the station was mind-numbingly ridiculous.

The Chief Planner at Metrolinx who was around while all this non-sense was happening is since gone, so i'm sure their policies have changed a bit since then. Nevertheless, dont expect to see any GO Station between Union and East Harbour.
In the EAST HARBOUR meetings that our volunteers have been in they (Metrolinx / Infra Ontario) have talked about a pedestrian-connection / bridge from EAST HARBOUR station-node over to the West Don Lands.

I'm pretty sure i've seen it in a couple slide decks as well that they plan on having a pedestrian element (attached via the train bridge crossings).

I dont see them being useful for residents in this development though from a transit perspective. People will be far more likely to take the 504 or 121 to get into the core, rather then backtrack to East Harbour and then take the GO into the city. Heck I see people even walking to Corktown from this site, rather than East Harbour.

I'm pretty sure i've seen it in a couple slide decks as well that they plan on having a pedestrian element (attached via the train bridge crossings).

I dont see them being useful for residents in this development though from a transit perspective. People will be far more likely to take the 504 or 121 to get into the core, rather then backtrack to East Harbour and then take the GO into the city. Heck I see people even walking to Corktown from this site, rather than East Harbour.
That kind of assumes that you are commuting to Union Station / Core area (*which granted, will be a lot of the travel) - but EAST HARBOUR hub will also serve a lot of East Bound traffic on the GO RER and the Ontario Line as the places around Danforth, Science Centre and Scarborough densify.

For most of the TO CORE travel, I would also like to see the City flood the West Don Lands with abundant BikeShare stations.

Can’t wait until rent control is expanded to buildings built after 2018 so I can rent one of these ;)

Back