Office leasing begins for Toronto’s Canary Landing

Avison Young has begun marketing six floors and 251,552 square feet of boutique office space as part of the Canary Landing mixed-use development at 125 Mill St. on the eastern edge of downtown Toronto.

Canary Landing is being developed by Kilmer Group, Dream and Tricon Residential, with Dream acting as the office building’s property manager.

What Canary Landing has to offer

The second through sixth floors at Canary Landing will have floorplates averaging around 50,000 square feet and there will be six rooftop terraces, each comprising approximately 1,000 square feet. There will be 4,200 square feet of retail at ground level, residential units above the office space and underground parking.

---------
The retail component of Canary Landing will likely act as an amenity for building occupants and could possibly include quick-service retail, a coffee shop or a bank branch. Armstrong said it’s too early to start leasing that aspect of the building.

Tenants are expected to begin fixturing their spaces in the third quarter of 2025 and Canary Landing should be fully occupied and operational in early 2026.

Yeah, I’m confused about the article. I didn’t think “Canary Landing” was the designation for Block 20, furthermore, 125 Mill on Google maps isn’t exactly the eastern part of that site.

Yeah, I’m confused about the article. I didn’t think “Canary Landing” was the designation for Block 20, furthermore, 125 Mill on Google maps isn’t exactly the eastern part of that site.
The ad actually says "125 Mill St. on the eastern edge of downtown Toronto." I would say it is both at the eastern edge of downtown and pretty close to the eastern edge of "that site".

There is an orange sign on Mill St saying the street will be closed on 17 August @ Rolling Mills. I assume the final crane is coming down

Ok, I'm sticking this here, even though I don't think it applies to this site, but I'm confused about what it does apply to...................

This order suggests it applies to 391 Cherry Street..........but on TO Maps, that shows as the Distillery Streetcar Loop. Which is clearly not what the order applies to.......

1661025734945.png

Ok, I'm sticking this here, even though I don't think it applies to this site, but I'm confused about what it does apply to...................

This order suggests it applies to 391 Cherry Street..........but on TO Maps, that shows as the Distillery Streetcar Loop. Which is clearly not what the order applies to.......

View attachment 421648
PERHAPS the Chery Street railway 'signal box" - which Metrolinx has been repairing VERY slowly in preparation for moving it.????

PERHAPS the Chery Street railway 'signal box" - which Metrolinx has been repairing VERY slowly in preparation for moving it.????

I thought of that, but on TO Maps, that appears to be 385 Cherry to me:

1661028088188.png

Noticed this work going on at the 125R Mill Street site just to the south of the new apartments. Could be for anything but thought it was worthy enough for a bump. 🤔View attachment 459247
Well, the signal box looks renovated and ready to move. Figure that’s gotta happen first right? Wonder if this will wait while they get a jump on Ontario Line & widen the tunnel under the rails for the Cherry south streetcar.

Canary Landing is the whole neighbourhood being developed by Dream, etc.. It's like 4000 rental units and includes (not necessarily exclusive to) block 3,4,7,8,20. The first phase, trio of towers on block 8, is called Maple House

Well, the signal box looks renovated and ready to move. Figure that’s gotta happen first right? Wonder if this will wait while they get a jump on Ontario Line & widen the tunnel under the rails for the Cherry south streetcar.
The 'signal box' was fixed up last year but I doubt it will move anywhere in the near future. Though the 'plan' is to move it east and create a new streetcar portal below the berm in about its current location, this is certainly not Phase 1 of the QQE LRT. If anyone has any spare $$ I would assume they would use them for the top priority - an actual LRT line and rails on QQE but then .......this IS Toronto!

I imagine this is included in Dreams pipeline again now that GST has been removed.
Do we know if this was being held back for finances or to finish the other sites? I know it had retail, but not office space.

Back