wdl-347-01.jpg

This one seems slower to climb compared to its neighbours... Hopefully now that it's above grade the rest will follow pretty smoothly.

Now that it’s solidly above grade, you can see the width of the cut-through to the courtyard. Pretty generous (I know Staff were oddly worried about this condition).

View attachment 463576View attachment 463577View attachment 463578View attachment 463579

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the courtyard. I feel it is more of a private amenity than a public one, and I have doubts that community members will use it, especially since the lane to the south does not continue through to Mill Street.

However, I am glad that the entry was made more generous and I hope it entices people off the street.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of the courtyard. I feel it is more of a private amenity than a public one, and I have doubts that community members will use it, especially since the lane to the south does not continue through to Mill Street.

However, I am glad that the entry was made more generous and I hope it entices people off the street.
As far as I know, the lane will be extended so that it will run between Cherry and Trinity. That said, I agree with you that 'courtyards' are not good 'public' space - no matter what they are called!

I’m not sure the courtyard was necessarily primarily intended to be public space. This building is something of a counterpoint to the staid, chunky-ass Toronto mid-rise, so the alternate universe isn’t so much a “better” public space so much as just the middle of a really shit floorplate, so I guess I sort of feel like we’re playing with house money with this courtyard space.

I’m not sure the courtyard was necessarily primarily intended to be public space. This building is something of a counterpoint to the staid, chunky-ass Toronto mid-rise, so the alternate universe isn’t so much a “better” public space so much as just the middle of a really shit floorplate, so I guess I sort of feel like we’re playing with house money with this courtyard space.
It was definitely being sold as a gift by the developer / architect at the public meeting, which I attended.

Back