Photos from this afternoon. Excavation is underway to bring the whole site down to the level of the TTC parking lot on the northern border. After that, they are planning to drill boreholes for the geothermal heating system. Look for the full report on the front page tomorrow.

IMG_0580.jpeg
IMG_0573.jpeg
IMG_0577.jpeg
IMG_0574.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0583.jpeg

Photos from this afternoon. Excavation is underway to bring the whole site down to the level of the TTC parking lot on the northern border. After that, they are planning to drill boreholes for the geothermal heating system. Look for the full report on the front page tomorrow...
View attachment 479693
I seem to recall the site of that building across the road being a big hole in the ground with water and mud at the bottom of it for a long time before it got going again.
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threa...t-hill-bdp-quadrangle.6581/page-9#post-578850
I hope that doesn't happen here. Or endlessly stay that way like the site a little to the east (1439 Bloor W ?).

Interesting that the geothermal installation is going on at this stage. I thought they were going to excavate down to TTC Parking Lot level but they seem to have stopped excavating about 3m above that..

From the subway on the 24th:

IMG_8899.jpg
IMG_8900.jpg

I don't see any work on the geothermal, and with three more levels to excavate first, I have to think that what's happening now is just more shoring, this time along the north edge of the site,

Shame that the portion of the TTC parking lot immediately behind the site could not be incorporated to deepen units/add greenspace without sacrificing floor space

Shame that the portion of the TTC parking lot immediately behind the site could not be incorporated to deepen units/add greenspace without sacrificing floor space
Getting the TTC to agree to anything like that is like pulling teeth - without anesthetic.

Back