The NIMBY'ists in the extended neighbourhood have begun an effort to "stop" this. Their main objections are height, shadow and, as always in Toronto, parking.

Personally, I think it will be a huge improvement for the neighbourhood, although, as others have stated, the design is a bit bland.

Last edited:
The density being planned here is fine with me. There's already a similar height precedent just to the east of it with "The Address at High Park" condo at 12 storeys for several years now. The area that surrounds Keele station is also rather underbuilt for somewhere along a major street like Bloor and within walking distance to a subway stop.

Isn't this beyond the point of no return? They're going through SPA so I am assuming some things can still change but I was under the impression this one was essentially approved

Isn't this beyond the point of no return? They're going through SPA so I am assuming some things can still change but I was under the impression this one was essentially approved
Not having a leg to stand on never stopped a neighbourhood NIMBY mob before, why should it now?!

you can still find ways to obstruct projects, especially if they need a variance. Or if you can manage to convince the councillor to "undelegate" The site plan approval to let them play political meddling games with the applicant..

look no further than this case:

Not having a leg to stand on never stopped a neighbourhood NIMBY mob before, why should it now?!

Certainly the case here. Many of the NIMBY'ist were involved with an Avenue study completed 13 years ago and cling to its very, very modest intensification guidelines. This study might have been relevant back then but definitely needs updating.

From Gord Perks' newsletter today:

The Committee of Adjustment hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.​
Community members have an opportunity to comment on the application at the virtual Committee of Adjustment hearing. The Public Notice, with details on how to view and/or participate, is here. Note that the deadline for comments is no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, February 23, 2022.​
As a member of Toronto City Council, Councillor Perks appoints citizens to the Committee of Adjustment to make decisions on minor variances based on their review of application and city staff information. As such, and on the advice of the Integrity Commissioner, Councillor Perks cannot attempt to influence a member's decision on an application. He can, when requested, ask City Staff to review an application and provide their professional comment to Committee of Adjustment.​

42437-141436.jpeg

Reactions: PMT

Back