interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Wychwood Library on Bathurst is about to be renovated and expanded, and the next door Wells Hill Lawn Bowling Club is getting a new clubhouse out of it too. Interesting project. See the new dataBase file we've set up!

Wychwood Library on Bathurst is about to be renovated and expanded, and the next door Wells Hill Lawn Bowling Club is getting a new clubhouse out of it too. Interesting project. See the new dataBase file we've set up!

Very interesting. So, is this a co-pro in terms of cost-sharing between TPL and Wells Hill?

Very interesting. So, is this a co-pro in terms of cost-sharing between TPL and Wells Hill?
That I don't know. The Wells Hill clubhouse is really just a room with a kitchen counter, a table, some bench seats, and a washroom, so small that they may just be paying a nominal rent.

That I don't know. The Wells Hill clubhouse is really just a room with a kitchen counter, a table, some bench seats, and a washroom, so small that they may just be paying a nominal rent.

I've only been a member of that club since last May, but you are spot on about the clubhouse! The re-do will be welcome to us and (to my knowledge) it might not affect our season this summer.

Construction photos - July 31, 2020

IMG_20200731_103148366_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200731_103232296_HDR.jpg

Great to see work well underway here. I've been inside this library branch once, the heritage details were in tact but signs of wear and tear through the years were evident naturally. A freshening up of the upper level great hall is much needed. Look forward to visiting again once this is complete.

Too bad they didn't use the architectural designs of the older building as a guide to expand it.

I agree, the restoration component here is great; but the expansion component is genuinely disappointing.

To me, the gold standard for this type of effort; on a very similar branch design is what was done with Beaches Branch.

1605885374929.png

It feels really sympathetic to the original, while being its own building/wing.

Back