July 15th occupancy

Do you guys feel X is on target for July 15th occupancy?

Considering that they are moving very quickly with the lobby and the final balconies (and the fact that they did not underestimate the completion date once the building topped up) the date looks solid in my opinion. Besides, if there were any further delays I'm sure someone in floors 4, 5, or 6 would have gotten a letter from Great Gulf recently. But this is just my two cents worth...

Considering that they are moving very quickly with the lobby and the final balconies (and the fact that they did not underestimate the completion date once the building topped up) the date looks solid in my opinion. Besides, if there were any further delays I'm sure someone in floors 4, 5, or 6 would have gotten a letter from Great Gulf recently. But this is just my two cents worth...

Agreed... I think I remember reading somewhere that the builder can only delay the final occupancy if they give you 2months in advance notice? Im suppose to move in late September, -so I'll find out in a few weeks if X is on track.

That being said... someone must have already had their PDI's? Havent seen any interior shots yet.

In the past few weeks I've seen a few resident looking types coming out the front door carefully sidestepping around construction materials, presumably after completing their PDI's.

Posted on the X-Condo website.

"Move-ins will begin soon at Great Gulf’s X The Condominium. Exterior landscaping is now being installed, and is anticipated to be complete by the end of August. In addition, the lobby is nearly finished and should be ready by first occupancies on the lower floors, slated for early August. In fact, 75 suites are expected to have occupancy by September. Plus, the third-floor amenity area in this multi-award-winning building is coming along nicely."

http://xcondos.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/occupancy-begins-this-summer-at-x/

Last edited:
Overall I think this project has turned out as promised. It's probably the best of the recent downtown condos- with the possible exception of Casa. I'm not a big fan of the coloured stripes, as with Spire I don't think they are necessary but I guess they are supposed to add some contemporary flare.

Last edited:
X July 1 Update

The balcony railing installations on the east side have flown up in the past week since the construction elevators were removed, stunning progress.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

X is great! I love how jet black this skyscraper can look! And the contrast between the greenery is -AMAZING! I just love it! Wihout the trees this tower would be depressing...

Still unsure of how the 2 x's will look with couture.

Does somebody know where to get the best barselona chairs available in Toronto :)? I want to move innnnn ...

Does anyone have interior pictures yet? I'm living in CASA facing east, so I can see directly into the units and would LOVE to see a close up! IT’S KILLING ME!
My floor plan is Le Corbusier. We upgraded to the glass, floor to ceiling barn style doors in the bedroom and den. In the den, it looks like there is a header to hold the door. Wouldn’t this defeat the purpose of having a floor to ceiling glass door? Our similar doors at CASA are floating, only connected at the top with a thin holder. We were hoping there would be no header there, so when you had the doors open, it would open up the room, floor to ceiling. Any input or ideas?

Does anyone have interior pictures yet? I'm living in CASA facing east, so I can see directly into the units and would LOVE to see a close up! IT’S KILLING ME!
My floor plan is Le Corbusier. We upgraded to the glass, floor to ceiling barn style doors in the bedroom and den. In the den, it looks like there is a header to hold the door. Wouldn’t this defeat the purpose of having a floor to ceiling glass door? Our similar doors at CASA are floating, only connected at the top with a thin holder. We were hoping there would be no header there, so when you had the doors open, it would open up the room, floor to ceiling. Any input or ideas?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had floor to ceiling sliding doors as a upgrade. I remember the only door upgrade was for a frosted glass door.

Sorry to disappoint. Floor to ceiling glass sliders were featured in the showroom, but you will have headers in your suite. There's a disclaimer in my upgrade agreement indicating so. Unless you've specifically negotiated otherwise (unlikely).It's definitely a lost design opportunity. Sales heat? Yes! A certain amount of builder/design/upgrade disappointment is inevitable. But you'll still love your suite and X, rest assured. Think about the good things.

Last edited:
Here is a picture from artist Shyne Dark who won the X Condo Public Art Competition.

This piece will be installed within a couple weeks!

Cool eh!

...I wish there was actually that much free space around the building...

Attachments

• X.jpg
    X.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

Back